“Great Value”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Manchester
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

This motel is in very good condition and very clean. The owners, Kevin and Vicki, were very welcoming. The price is reasonable. While it is a bit too far from local restaurants to walk, the local shuttle service is easy to use and cheap. All in, this is a great value and certainly on my list for a return visit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank TLM1940

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed there with a family of 4 adults and still had a small spare room with a single bed. Rooms and bathroom were perfectly clean. Efficient electrical heating (needed). Brand new air-conditioning (did not use). Very friendly, motivated and welcoming staff. We highly recommend this perfectly located facility. Very reasonnable price. Great value for the money.

Room Tip: Family suites will fit 5 easily.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Crapoulets
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is a one-story motel and one of the cleanest places I've stayed in. Beautiful river behind my room made me keep my windows open. Friendly staff. Comfortable. I travel about 140 nights per year. This place is a great bargain. Thanks.

Room Tip: Call for directions.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Fred W
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

In mid-August my wife and I took a trip to New Hampshire to get away from the hustle and bustle of the City, off of a recommendation from a friend we decided to stay at Mt. Coolidge Motel. This turned out to be the best decision we could have made. The rooms were immaculate, the scenery was breathtaking and I found the sounds of nature to be really relaxing. The owners and staff were some of the nicest people I have ever met and were very knowledgeable of the surrounding attractions. Overall, I think our Mt. Coolidge get-away is going to have to become a recurring tradition from years to come. I would definitely recommend this motel to anyone who is going on Vacation in New Hampshire. This Motel really added that “WOW” Factor I always look for in a vacation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Joe B
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

We stayed one night at this motel. The place is really easy to find and we were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful stream and the chairs out in the back. The room was quite basic and we felt the carpet could use some cleaning, but overall it was comfortable. We paid $100 for a queen room and I thought that was reasonable relative to other hotels in the neighborhood. Short drive to some very nice trails and to the Kanc highway.

5 Thank jetsetgo27
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

My wife and I made a fall trip to New Hampshire to see the Fall leaves and to go to the outlet malls. Since this was a last minute trip, I decided to consult Trip Advisor and found the Mount Coolidge Motel. I could not believe all the good reviews on Trip Advisor, so I decided I had to try this motel for myself.
Let me tell you the reviews are true. This motel is trully an excellent place to stay. Number 1, mount Coolidge is extremely clean and is owned by good folks who do what they can to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms are large and are in very good condition. Some people might say the rooms are dated but in my opinion while not ultra modern, the rooms are more than acceptable and are in keeping with a very well run family establishment. The small river in the back of the motel is beautiful and is a bonus. The Motel is located in Lincoln, MH which is at the western end of the Kancamagus trail so it is a great starting off point to view the fall foilage, or explore the White Mountains Region or to go hiking at locations along the Kancamagus trial. If you want to go shopping, you can take a nice drive down I93 (about 40 minutes) to Tilton NH Outlet Malls or drive along the Kancanagus Hiway to the North Conway Outlet Malls which is about 45-50 minutes from Lincoln. We went one way one day the and on the second day we went to North Conway for the day. Both are very lovely drives. Please note there is also lots to do around LIncoln NH also.
To sum up, if you want a great little motel, Mount Coolidge is well run, very clean, and to boot are run by real nice people. The motel is a great value. This is not a cookie cutter chain Hotel but a family run establishment motel that delivers a good service. I will be back and recommend this motel to anybody who wants and nice comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms or cottages backing on the river are nice
7 Thank David R
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

We (two couples) stayed three nights at the Mt. Coolidge Motel during the second week of October. It is a classic looking motel that is exceptionally well maintained, spotlessly clean and in an excellent location. The owners and staff were some of the nicest people we have met in all our travels. The owners were very helpful with directions and suggestions for interesting local activities....and they were lots of fun to talk with. The pool (closed for the season) is a good size and kids will enjoy it. There is also a place for grilling or making a small bonfire next to the stream running behind the motel. While we visited in October, we would also stay here during a summer trip, especially with kids.

Be aware that Goggle Maps does NOT show their location properly. It is way off. Also, the GPS is not always accurate in this area of NH. Per their website, take I93-Exit 33 and go about 1/3 mile North. The motel is on the right.

Breakfast is only a quick walk to the Longhorn Palace Pancake House next door. The breakfast is standard fare but good.

The Mt. Coolidge Motel is highly recommended and we will definitely stay here the next time we visit the Lincoln area.

7 Thank Ed_and_Ann