“Grandkids and all loved it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Lincoln

Days Inn Lincoln
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Braintree, MA
“Grandkids and all loved it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

I had to write to say we absolutely loved our stay at The Beacon Resort. My husband and I had heard of the Beacon from friends who take bus trips there and love it. So we had to give it a try. We took our grandkids ages 7 & 9 and we stayed in what the reservationist called a poolside room and boy was it ever!!! Our room not only opened up to the indoor pool but the door on the otherside of our room opened up to the outdoor pool. The kids were in heaven. The room was very clean and had a brandnew mattress and flat screen tv (my husband loved that). The nice lady who checked us in let us know we were getting a newly renovated room, and that the whole place was being updated and we were impressed. We bought the meal plan, it was such a great deal, the kids got to eat for free and we could choose from the whole menu. I had the salmon one night and the chicken oscar the 2nd night, my husband tried the prime rib and the filet mignon..the food was delicious and plentiful. The grandkids loved the pancakes and french toast at breakfast. Each night there were activities for the kids and entertainment and dancing for us. We had a ball. The Beacon is so close to everything we wanted to see...we spent a day at Clarks Trading post and another day in Franconia Notch. We only had two nights away, wish we could have stayed longer. A special thank you to Fay at the front desk for all her help with our reservation and all her wonderful suggestions of things we could do with the kids. We plan on coming back with our friends this fall on their bus trip...We can't wait!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Methuen, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

I just returned home from the Beacon Resort. We have been going to this resort for 5 years now as a family of 22. My mother-in-law and Father-in -law take the entire family away each year. We always have a great time because we are all together. This year was no different. However the resort, if you can call it that, is absolutely discusting. The rooms stink like smoke, mildew and must. The floors in the rooms and resort look like they are never cleaned. I paid close attention this time to them and noticed that each day when we went down to breakfast the same dirt was on the carpets as the day before. The main bathroom in the lounge/ dining area had a clog in one of the toilets one night and it still remained the following evening at dinner time. I was just appauled. So here is the last comment I have. We went to breakfast on Sunday morning and My husband and I upgraded form the continental to the menu to get some omelets. We have never had a problem with the food before (it is never really that good to begin with but not spoiled) I took a bite of the omelet and the ham tasted like it was spoiled. So I sent it back and they brought cheese omlets. THey seemed a bit frazzled but this is a usual occurance there. We got our new omelets, ate them and enjoyed our day. The waitress was very nice and even told us about a great candy shop to visit. Later on that evening we were gettting in line for the clambake buffet and I made a comment to the hostess about if the win was part of the buffett too. I of course was joking and her reply to be was, "You probably need some after your breakfast this morning" THis was stated in a very rude way. I was not happy at all. Then one of the older women there got so impatient with my daugher in the line that she made her cry. I personally would never EVER return there again but it is a family weekend. We are in the process of finding better accomadations with friendlier owners.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln hotels

Rhode Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

My parents just returned from a one night stay and they provided the same comments I've just read about . . . unclean rooms, old and outdated, childish Lion King puppet show. They're not picky people, so you can believe it when they say the rooms were old and not clean. They did say they enjoyed the food. Hopefully the management is still reviewing these comments and will finally do something about it before they lose their clientel. Sometimes you have to spend money (like on renovations) to make money.

• Stayed July 2009
Fall River, Mass
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

The food was very good at every meal. the service and competence of the staff was excellent. the room was o.k. but a bit dated. We had no problems. The entertaiment was good especially the second night of our stay. This was my second stay at the Beacon and hope to go again next year.

• Stayed June 2009
North Readingl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2009

The Beacon was by far the worst place I have ever stayed at. Room very dirty. Ants in sink, dust everywhere. Could not turn on the air due to unit being so dirty and thick with dirt. Beds very uncomfortable . Sheets were worn and thin. Outdoor carpets near room were wet from the rain and smelled moldy and rotted. Friends we were with found a roach in their room.TV in room was so old that it was a brand that stopped being made about 10 years ago. TV was placed on a 'wooded box with a table cloth over the box. Entertainment was silly for adults. We had to sit on wooden horses with numbers on chest as someone called out numbers. When your number came up 2 young kids pushed your horse with you on it to another space. The one to finish first received play money. At the end, the person with the most "money" received a cheap prize such as you get at the beach when you hit the target and get a prize. Try another motel in the area. Beautiful place to vacation but not at the Beacon.!! Jean

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
rhode islander
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

Hi,
Fecal mater! yes I said feces. Feces on the toilet seat, the matress and god only knows what else. When we arrived in our room there it was everywhere. The front desk wanted us to wait for the room to be cleaned. We insisted on another room. There is no way that the feces could have been cleaned out of that mattress. They must have covered it with the sheet.
This hotel is the filthiest place you could ever imagine. If your like me and have traveled with conway tours and AAA befor you probably have trouble believing that they would allow there patrons to stay at such a place. Believe it or not it is true. To describe this hotel properly I would need three pages.
1- filthy
2- rude staff
3- poor quality food (in large amounts)
4- broken air conditioner, broken shower door, broken window,
5- ant traps in room and bath rooms(need I say more)
6-the live entertainment, the lion king show, was a puppet show and the cast lip sinked to the music. I'm not kidding.
Alot of elderly people at this hotel. The price was cheap, so it is affordable for them. My mother and father are in there 80's and I would never allow them to stay at this hotel. This hotel takes advantage of older people with limited incomes. They are so happy to be able to go to a hotel and have a meal and a show that they don't complain about the deplorable conditions. It is a shame to treat THE GREATEST GENERATION OF AMERICANS as second class citizens.
Please do not go to this hotel. You deserve better than this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank tpbsn
BeaconLincoln_NH, manager at Days Inn Lincoln, responded to this review, June 26, 2009
Dear Rhode Islander,

Thank you first of all for your feedback via
the tour operator you booked with. We were in the process working with their managers to respond to your complaint when this review was posted on-line.

Unfortunately your posted your complaint here on Trip Advisor before we were able to set the record straight and respond to you.

The room you entered was a dirty room, this we do not dispute. The room had not yet been cleaned.

However, we have checked the room you were scheduled to arrive into and there
was not any feces on the bed or anywhere else in the room. The mark you noticed on the mattress was coffee, which we steam extracted, prior to the next rental of that unit.
As mentioned above the room you entered had not yet been cleaned therefore any dirt and mess you viewed was not yet addressed by our housekeeping staff.

Our proceedure for check in for all groups arriving by motorcoach is to have our guests go directly to lunch then to their rooms. Our front office staff puts keys in the doors and the housekeeping staff goes through the rooms cleaning in unison. As you by passed the dining room and went straight to your room you were able to enter the dirty room as the key was placed prior to it's cleaning.

Our front office tried to assist you by offering you another room, but again there would be a wait for cleaning as your group was still at lunch.

Our dining room staff tried to assist you with your special diining requests, but unfortunately you did not indicate that you had food allergies. We are sorry if you felt their inabilty to provide for you was percieved as rudeness.

With regard to your maintenance issues in your room we would be happy to assist you with these matters whilst you are on property if you simply let us know.

Our Lion King show is advertized as as a Musical Tribute to the Lion King, we are sorry you did not enjoy the show as many of our guests have.

We agree senior citizens are THE GREATEST GENERATION OF AMERICANS, that is why we cater to this generation. We feel that the pricing of our tours is very reasonable and more often than not our seniors are extremely happy and satisfied. I do understand that you are younger than our average customer so perhaps one of our other packages geared toward the younger set may be more your speed and I would also recommend a suite.

Again thank you for the opportunity to respond to you we would have prefered a less public forum to discuss this matter but regardless it is water under the bridge at this point.
Rhode Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2009

We book this resort annually because it's in the best location for everything we like to do in the White Mountains and it's cheap. However, you get what you pay for. The staff - especially the Office Manager is incredibly rude. No matter how many complaints you lodge - she's still there! The rooms are run down and in desperate need of updating. Their cleaning staff needs to cleaning using cleaning tools and products. The food at Dad's Restaurant is wonderful but overpriced. Our only reason for going every year is because it's a cheap place to stay and it has 4 pools. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone and rarely do I even admit to staying there.

Nightly entertainment especially for kids is corny and out dated.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family