“"Great Bear Show"”

Clark's Trading Post and the White Mt. Central RR
Ranked #1 of 3 Shopping in Lincoln
More attraction details
Owner description: Seasonal business. A FUN FAMILY FAVORITE! Clark's Trading Post is celebrating over 80 years of entertainment. Don't miss the 30 minute bear show, starring our trained North American Black Bears! Ride the White Mt. Central RR steam train ride through the covered bridge and into Wolfman's Territory. From late June through Labor Day be amazed by our Chinese Acrobatic Troupe. Ride a Segway, test your skills on the Climbing Tower, cool off on the Blaster Boats or take a guided tour through Merlin's Mystical Mansion or the Tuttle's Rustic House. Visit our five museum buildings on the Victorian Main Street. Your admission ticket includes all rides and shows. Get a bite to eat at the Whistle Stop Snack Bar, Pullman's Lunch or make your own sundae at the Peppermint Saloon. Browse through the Candle Shop, Maple Cabin, Kilburn's Photo Parlor, Print Shop and our Main Gift Shop. We have the largest gift shop in the White Mountains containing the finest selection of souvenirs and gifts. We can BEARLY wait to see you at Clark's!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Williamstown, VT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Great Bear Show"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We took our grandkids to see bears and to ride the train. We all had a great time! Lots to see and do while you are there.

ct
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fun day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We went here only for the bear show and ended up staying all day. Good, old fashion fun for the family, like a Santa's Village. I was pleasantly surprised to hear how well they treat the bears too.

Maine
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hard for the disable.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

When we arrived there was about a 3 hr wait for the bear show. We decided to go into the gift shop. I use a wheel chair or a scooter due to health issues. The ramp leading to the front door was ok to negotiate but not the entrance into the shop. There was a step of about 3-5 inches. My scooter would not go over the step. I got off and my husband had to lift the scooter into the shop. The aisles were narrow and at one time my husband had to rearrange a display so I could navigate a turn. Coming outside was difficult and again someone had to help lift my scooter. It was raining when we came outside and decided not to stay for the bear show.

Visited October 2012
Anne E, Guest Relations Manager at Clark's Trading Post and the White Mt. Central RR, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We apologize that you had difficulty accessing our gift shop building during your visit to Clark's. We are always trying to update and improve our facilities for our guests, so that you all get to see and do most everything. Our maintenance department has already begun making changes for the upcoming year and I have made sure that this is one of the improvements on their list, so that you and others will visit us again.

We can BEARLY wait to see you at Clark's!
Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is a fun place.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Seeing the bears was the highlight. We had a great day here at Clark's. We would reccomend this to family's.

Norton, Massachusetts, United States
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“old fashioned family fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is best value anywhere for family fun. My kids love everything the train ride, bear show, circus, rides, and rock climbing. Very reasonable admission and food inside as well as being cleanest attraction I have every see.. I have seen the bear show at least 30 times in my life and still find it amazing. It captivates my children even my youngest (4yrs). My kids are 4th generation in my family to enjoy Clarks and I'm sure their kids will be 5th.

Visited August 2012