For several years I always drove by this establishment while staying at another inn in the Lincoln area; always feeling that I needed to check this place out!
Finally, I checked it out. To be sure it does not have all of the current, modern amenities that the large chain motels have; but it has all that you need if you are looking for a nice, quiet, economical inn to spend some time in the mountains. The owners (Leo & Nicole Marien) live on site and are always available to assist you with any needs you might have during your stay.
The original building appears to have been constructed when motor inns were just beginning to be popular. While the rooms are small they do offer something that is usually not available in most motels built today – windows on both sides of the room! On many nights you can open both windows to enjoy the fresh mountain night breezes! There is very little traffic at night on the Kancamagus Highway so you do not have to worry about traffic noise with the open windows.
The owners have built a second building that has the more traditional “cookie cutter” rooms that you find in the various chain establishments. You can request these rooms for an additional charge. I prefer the ground floor rooms in the original building.
You can add a meal package to your stay that includes Breakfast and Dinner at Brittany's Café or CJ's Penalty Box. The meal package also allows you to go to Dad's Restaurant at The Beacon Resort for your meals.
The meals at Brittany’s Café are outstanding; with excellent quality for the price! During good weather you have the option of eating out on the deck; which is a very enjoyable experience and a chance to just sit back and take in the mountain atmosphere! The café is operated by the owners, with Nicole on duty in the Dinning Room during most meals.
When in New Hampshire, I usually try to organize my trip to allow me to stay at this inn if I am going to be in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kancamagus Lodge is a family owned and operated lodge in the Heart of the White Mountains. Offering clean, comfortable, non smoking rooms, sorry pets are NOT allowed. Indoor Pool, Game Room, and on Site Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your The Kancamagus Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kancamagus Hotel Lincoln
- Kancamagus Hotel Lincoln
- Kancamagus Motel Lincoln
- The Kancamagus Lodge Lincoln, NH - White Mountains