My husband and I stayed here for the nights of 1st and 2nd October. Leo who booked us in was friendly and helpful. Our upstairs queen room didn’t come with a coffee maker, so we asked for one which was sent up to our room straight away, for no extra charge. Our private balcony had a view of Loon Mountain which was lovely, though there was a fairly busy road immediately outside the motel which made sitting on it rather noisy. There was also a lovely view from the walkway at the back of the motel. The noise from the road quietened down at night and the queen bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean and well furnished and came with a very quiet fridge. I particularly liked the bedspread – a nice feminine touch!!
Breakfast at “Brittany’s” (which is attached to the motel) was good - both food and service, which is more than can be said when we ate there in the evening. The food was OK, but the service was poor.
We’d arrived via the Kancamagus Highway so we used the day in between our 2 night stay at Kancamagus Lodge to drive to and through Franconia Notch State Park, taking in “The Flume”, and various viewpoints, en route. Take the old road rather than the I-93 for as far as possible. We continued to the village of Franconia and visited the home of Robert Frost, where we received a warm welcome from the lady in attendance there, despite arriving at 4-50pm when the place closed at 5pm. Both “The Flume” and Frost’s house are well worth a visit.
Kancamagus Lodge itself is good value for money, providing comfortable and friendly lodgings, and ideally positioned for the Kancamagus Scenic Highway, and Franconia Notch State Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kancamagus Lodge is a family owned and operated lodge in the Heart of the White Mountains. Offering clean, comfortable, non smoking rooms, sorry pets are NOT allowed. Indoor Pool, Game Room, and on Site Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your The Kancamagus Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kancamagus Hotel Lincoln
- Kancamagus Hotel Lincoln
- Kancamagus Motel Lincoln
- The Kancamagus Lodge Lincoln, NH - White Mountains