“Great Affordable Place”

The Kancamagus Lodge
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for my birthday in December and we thought it was a super affordable place in a great location. As others have said, it's not fancy, but we weren't looking for that. As soon as we walked into the office, we were greeted by a very friendly and furry member of the family. We love dogs so that was a plus. Nicole (I believe) then checked us in and as soon as she pulled up our reservation, she turned to me and wished me a Happy 30th. I was surprised, but my boyfriend must've put that in when booking. It's silly, but that acknowledgment is part of the little things that make a place inviting.

We stayed over a very busy weekend so it seems like there were lots of guests there, which means it was a bit noisy at night and early in the morning when people were leaving to ski, but that's understandable given that the room was facing the parking lot and people are obviously coming and going.

It's a very clean place and ideally located. We were doing an adventure day pass at Loon where we got to snow tube, ice skate, zipline, etc and it was just down the road. It was also close to many good restaurants, the best being the one literally across the parking lot, The Common Man.

We also had breakfast at Brittany's on our last morning and thought it was better than another breakfast spot in town that is rated as having the #1 breakfast in Lincoln. The service was better at Brittany's and so was the food.

My boyfriend is a addicted to fishing so we look forward to going back soon now that Spring is here!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JananaJo
There are newer reviews for The Kancamagus Lodge

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel is simple but very nice. The owners and house keepers are very very nice and helped us a lot with choosing nice hiking trails. It has an indoor pool which is quite big. The water was a little bit cold though. The hotel has a great restaurant.The meals are big and tasty and the prices are very reasonable. it also has a nice playground for kids.
We will definitely go back there.
My daughter keeps talking about Sam- the owner's lovely dog. He was very cute too :-)

Room Tip: Great location for ski activities and for hiking in the White Mountains
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Spent the weekend with my husband and another couple. Couldn't have been nicer. The owner, Leo, greeted us in a very warm and friendly manner; and made us feel more-than-welcome. The rooms were cozy and very clean (which is my main prerequisite!) Since it was off-season, we spent the time very leisurely. Had a great dinner at the onsite pub. Indoor pool was beautiful; and if it was a bit nicer in the evening, we would have utilized the outdoor fire pit. Definitely a great find, and we will be back. We are also snowmobilers, and know where we will be parking our sleds from now on!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lynn-George
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My friend and I just spent the weekend at the Kancamangus Lodge. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, and the attention to detail was perfect. The entire staff was friendly, and service and food was great! We will definitely be back for another stay! It is a hidden gem! Kathy & Susan

Reviewed April 15, 2013

awesome hotel, people are friendly and helpful, gave helpful suggestions about nearby attractions and places to visit even in "offseason" great restaurants on site great value clean indoor pool easy to access from main highway playground if you travel with kids awesome time!!! friendly area and

Room Tip: we had a king size room with a private balcony
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review! I am glad you found all of our staff friendly and helpful. My wife and I are always here to point you in the right direction if needed, and are available for questions 24 hrs since we live right on the property. Our indoor pool is a beautiful amenity , no matter what the season is, and I am glad you got a chance to use it while you were here. We look forward to hosting your family again on your next getaway!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The room was very basic, no frills and there is some noise from the road which is close. We ate in the bar at the lodge. The bar had a nice atmosphere but sadly the food was pretty dire. Shame we have to rate this lodge so badly because the reception lady was lovely but our stay was disappointing and I couldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I appreciate the review, but I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. My wife, Nicole checked you in and she apologizes that you were unhappy with your room style. I was unclear as to what was specifically wrong with the room and I invite you to email me directly to discuss your dislikes and issues. I will then be able to rectify any problems for future guests. My direct email is leo_marien@yahoo.com. You also stated you were unhappy with the food in the restaurant and I hope that the waitstaff was told of your unsatisfaction, so they could replace or refund your meal. We go out of our way to make sure all of our guests in the Lodge or restaurant are happy, and if we KNOW there is a problem we will do everything possible to rectify the situation. I wish you would have let us know there was a problem, when you were here, so we could have made your stay more acceptable. I look forward to hearing from you and I hope to be able to get another chance to host your stay in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed at the kanca as a ski rep, with a group of over 30 students.. You could probably imagine these sorts of trips often work out to be a real pain. For the 6 nights we stayed here however, it was absolutely brilliant! (unlike the 7th night spent at the holiday inn..) The owners were very helpful and friendly, sorting out any problems I had straight away (e.g. one of the girls broke a hairdryer - an essential, apparently - this was replaced straight away, no worries.). All the staff I met were equally as friendly and the place just had a lovely atmosphere. The food was great, and a lot of the students ate almost as much as I did. Even their dog was clean and lovely and knew an awesome trick (ask him for a 'high five'). Me (and the group) had a great few days - skiing at Loon mountain for 3 days and Bretton woods for 2 - Loon had a wider range of trail ability's but both were awesome with plenty of snow - overall a really great trip, and this lodge really helped make it. A big thumbs up, cheers!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for the review! We host many international student groups throughout the Winter and we love having the kids stay with us. We are centrally located between Loon and Cannon Mountains, and we are less than 1/2 hour from Bretton Woods and Waterville Valley for plenty of great skiing. Sammy is a very popular employee when the kids are here and he loves to demonstrate his "one' trick that he does. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and hopefully we will be able to host your group again in the future!