“Great Family Getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
Country Bumpkins Campground and Cabins
Concord, Vermont
“Great Family Getaway!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a great family getaway! We only live 45 minutes north of Country Bumpkins and we stayed there for a weekend that we were going to Clark's Trading Post and Whales Tale and it was absolutely fun! The wife and I brought our 5 year old and 1 1/2 year old and they loved it and have been asking to go back. Very clean camp ground and friendly atmosphere! Best part was my son never asked about TV or anything electronic. Peace and quiet at night with the beautiful sound of the river running behind you! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JWindrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We just got back from another great week staying at the campground. The staff are always extremely helpful and friendly. The bathrooms and campsites are kept clean. The river is a blast to play and fish in. Laundry room is clean and convenient! Close to all of the local sights.....and the staff can even tell you where to go for a ride if you want to glimpse a moose or two! And we LOVE Ralph! He's the best.

• Stayed August 2012
Winthrop, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I have been going to Country Bumpkins for 6 years. We can't say enough about this place. We have stayed in 4 of their 6 cottages. They are immaculate! This is coming from someone who always feels the need to clean accommodations when we go away. Not at Country Bumpkins! The Pemi River runs along the property and is great for cooling off. The Campground is very family oriented and rules are in place to assure that all vacationers on the property have a good time. Bill, Alice, Amy and Ralph are very friendly and we now feel like we are family! We usually spend time here in the summer and make it back in the fall for a foliage trip. Can't say enough about our wonderful experiences at Country Bumpkins! See you in October! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2012

When I unlocked the cabin and swung the door open I was disappointed in the cabin.... For a place that boasts about how they are all about the customers, they sure have a poor way of showing it! The lady I spoke with on the phone had an attitude. when I went in the office to check in, the lady I spoke with on the phone (could tell by her voice) walked right past like I was not there no hello or greeting at all, like I was not there. . While the other person could not be bothered to get up off her @$$ from the upper area where the coffee and tv was kept I guess the show that was on is far to important than any costumer... There are plenty of other places to rent a cabin or camp site. Don't waist you money or time at country bumpkins

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Chefinninh
Bumpkins03251, Owner at Country Bumpkins Campground and Cabins, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
When a guest checks out of a cabin or a travel trailer, they are asked how their stay was. We have not had anyone this year tell us that they were unhappy with any cabin. My policy is that if anyone were to come to the office and say that they are disappointed with one of our cabins or travel trailers at arrival, I will gladly give them their money back and let them find something that better suits them. I am comfortable with this because I know our cabins (and travel trailer rentals) are just as they are described online. Since the person giving this review does not have any information to identify who they are and did not express any kind of disappointment during their stay, we do not know who they are and there is nothing that could have been done to make their stay a better experience.
Newmarket, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I picked this campground because of their strict rules on unruly behavior, profanity, and public drunkenness. Because we are a small family traveling with a 5 year old child. When checking in they give out a lengthy sheet of paper listing their rules for being a family friendly campground with a zero tolerance policy. We booked a 4 night stay at this campground, a tent site for my husband and I and our son. On our third night two groups of rowdy drunk people moved into the three sites next to us. They loudly boasted that they had been kicked out of a campground up the road the night before. After an entire day, from about 12 noon to about 7pm, of loud music that could be heard clearly from 3 sites down and even across the entire campground, a table covered with 4 empty bottles of wine and a empty gallon of vodka, and that was only between 2 of the women staying on that site, swearing loudly and berating their own teenage kids, frequent almost screaming uses of the the F word, we decided to take it up with the campground management. They sent someone down to check on the group and when the drunken group of guys decided that they knew it was us who complained they came over to our campsite to size up my husband even while the campground staff member was standing there. The management still chose to do nothing. The woman who was at the store who I think was an owner, did nothing but give my husband a major attitude when told that we had no other choice but to pack up and leave because their "family friendly campground" was no longer a safe place for us, while my 5 year old stood in tears extremely frightened in front of her.

Long story short, if you are choosing this campground because of their strict rules to protect families, and you end up with a group of people who do not want to follow the rules, the owners and management will not enforce these rules, they will simply blame you for complaining. Their reaction showed us that they were more interested staying out of it, and showed us that it was better for them to ignore the problem, risk the safety of their customers than to actually have to lift a finger to do anything about it, as if it was not their responsibility.

Would never stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sharla816
Bumpkins03251, Owner at Country Bumpkins Campground and Cabins, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
As the owner of Country Bumpkins for 20 years, I must respond to the false account of what had happened on the 3rd night of this family’s stay with us. On the first of the four times in the evening when the husband in this family came up to the office to complain that the people on the 2 sites next to them were being loud and disruptive (and using profanity), I received a phone call from the office and I immediately went down to those campsites myself to talk to them. While I was down there, the 3rd site down came back and had the radio on in their truck pretty loud. I heard this and went right over to tell them they had to lower it (this was not part of this family’s complaint). Everything seemed fine on all of these sites, but just in case, I sat in a trailer right across from these sites at an open window to listen for the apparent loud obscenities that he described. I could clearly hear normal voices at a regular talking level (no profanity). Since the safety and the comfort of each of our guests has always been my number one priority, these complaints were taken very seriously. They also claim that these other sites were being loud for about 7 hours during the day. Had this been the case, we would have heard this (and I would have dealt with it) on our many trips through the campground throughout the day. There were also no other complaints from anyone else in the campground and there were other families in this immediate area. The guests with these complaints were not at all encouraged to leave. They were asked if there was anything that could be done to help them feel comfortable again as they did not have any complaints about the first 2 nights of their stay. They said that they understood that these things sometimes happen but they were just going to leave. Since they had already decided to leave at this point (around 8:30 p.m.), I was not okay with this. I do not want anyone to leave here feeling that they did not have a pleasant experience. Simply apologizing is not good enough for me when it comes to providing customer service. I not only gave them a full refund for their 4th night but I also gave them a voucher to try us again another time for another full 4 night stay. I am sorry to hear that they will not be taking us up on that offer. This really is a great place to camp with a family and our many return guests are proof of that. I would also like to note that there were no other complaints from anyone else in the campground the remainder of the evening. Also, while I was down in the campground, Alice had called the campground that the folks next to this family had stayed the night prior to this to ask if they had had any problems with them. They have a night watchman and they had checked with him and he said that they did not have any problems with them the night before (that they were not evicted).
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2010

I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights. We went to book a cabin but there was none available for our dates (even though we booked about 5 months in advance!) and were offered a trailer instead.

I was a bit dubious about this and thought it might be really cramped but it was ok. It was fully equipped and had lots of storage space...it probably would be cramped if there were more than 2 of us though. Admittedly the shower looked like it was on the small side and we were told that the hot water didn't last that long....so as we like long showers we ended up showering in the campsite's shower block. That was fine for 2 nights but would have got a bit annoying if we'd stayed for longer.

Althogh the trailer has a proper bedroom area, the power generator is at the bedroom end of the trailer and I found it was too noisy at night (I am a very light sleeper) so we ended up sleeping on the sofa bed. I was worried it might be uncomfortable, but it was fine.

One great thing about this place was the helpfulness of the staff, who let us use the wifi in their private family area and went at great pains to give us details of and directions to local medical services when I mentioned I wasn't feeling well. I did end up having to go to hospital and we didn't have a sat-nav so it was very helpful to have the very accurate directions we were given, it made a stressful moment less stressful.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LouLouLouey
New Jersey
Reviewed September 18, 2010

My husband and I rented one of the six cabins the property has. The cabin was cozy but came equipped with a full kitchen (fully stocked with all plates/utensils/cooking supplies), a brand new bathroom, comfy bed and storage. The outside had a front porch with table and chairs and also a fire pit and a pic-nic table. First I must say that the cabin was spotless! I can't even get my refrigerator and stove that clean and I'm a clean-a-holic! The owners and their family were very friendly and the property though small offered something for everyone from the tent sites to the RV sites to the cabins. My husband enjoyed all the antiques especially the Studabaker that was parked in front of our cabin (I saw actual drool come out of his mouth!)

We loved it so much we're going back and bringing our friends next year for a holiday weekend.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank audreymelo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains
#4 of 20 in Lincoln
Pine Valley Cabins
Pine Valley Cabins
#2 of 7 in Thornton

Been to Country Bumpkins Campground and Cabins? Share your experiences!