“Lupine Festival in New Hampshire”

Bluegreen Vacations South Mountain, Ascend Resort Collection
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 7, 2010

June is the perfect time to visit New Hampshire, especially if you want to see the Lupine Festival (in Sugar Hill which is about a 15 minute drive), and all the lupines in full bloom. They are everywhere. We stayed at the InnSeason - South Mountain as an exchange with Interval International. The reservationist, with whom I confirmed the type of acommodations earlier in the week, assured me that we would have a luxury suite (full kitchen with oven, full fridge, dishwasher, and a one-bedroom). That didn't happen upon arrival as we were put in a hotel room with a partial kitchen. But, when I complained the next morning, the front desk immediately switched us to a luxury suite, which was great. The front desk service was outstanding, the rooms were immaculate, and the housekeeping staff very friendly.

The reservationist assured me t hat they had internet available, both in the lobby and the business center, so I convinced my husband that we didn't need to bring our laptop. Internet is available in your room for a daily fee. Since my husband planned to work, he attempted to avail himself of the computer early in the mornings so that he didn't get in the way of the other guests. The computer that used to be at the front/concierge desk is no longer there. The only desk, which is what they called the business center, was a buffet, which was not conducive to sitting in a chair to work, even if they had a chair. The first day he worked standing up with a mouse that wasn't fully functional. Wound up going to the library which was $2 for 30 minutes, and 30 minutes was the max allowed so I had to sign up for 30 minutes to add to his, then depart. Their library doesn't open until noon, so that did put a damper on our day trips. That was a disappointment,, but the only one.

Make sure you visit Mt. Washington. We chose to go on June 17, which the only day each year that "Bikers" are allowed to go to the top, but no cars. We took a tour bus, which was even better yet to leave the driving up over 6,000 feet with no guardrails
to a "park ranger." On top is an observation deck where the highest winds ever have ever been recorded.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bluegreen Vacations South Mountain, Ascend Resort Collection

Reviewed June 21, 2010

Stayed there one night, before Kancamagus scenic trip next morning. It sas raining, miserable, dark and it was the first (brightest, well lit) place to stay I found in Lincoln. Very big room, a bit expensive though, clean, with tv and free dvd rental in the reception (very nice touch). Unfortunately, was dead tired (drove from Milford, MA straight after work) so fell asleep during watching. If you want dinner/breakfast you have to walk some corridors - hotel is connected to a little mall, one restaurant was opened there, very, very good meat lovers pizza, properly burned-a-bit, with spicy pepperoni etc (recommended!).
Internet was available in the room for 5 bucks, but for free in library close to reception (used the latter).

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2010

As owners of a Bluegreen timeshare we were excited to learn that we had joined forces with Inn Seasons resorts and would have access to South Mountain resort in Lincoln NH. Living in the Albany Area of NY the Northeast is lacking bluegreen resorts north of Hershey, making most of our vacationing a long drive or flight away from home, with the addition of South Mountain we now have acces to several day trip resorts.

South Mountain was amazing! Quit, clean and friendly. The area wilderenss was a retreat from the normal amusement park day trips my kids, 6 and 9, are looking for, with trips to Mt. Washington, Flume Gorge and the tram ride at Cannon my family learned we can have fun with out rides, tv, video games and swimming pools. That said south mountain had it all for the kids! It was well used.

My only knock on the resort was their pool deck! Over the years it has settled and there are way to many uneven tranistions between the concrete pads -- TOE BREAKERS -- walk carefully! This should be addressed immediately -- I hope!

I cant wait until I can visit Lincoln, and South Mountain resort again. Wiers Beach is a short 30 -40 minute ride away -- worth a visit too!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We went to Inn Seasons for Valentine's Day weekend. When we checked in the woman at the front desk was very nice and gave us a folder with all kinds of hotel information. The room was nice and spacious. The parking lot was big and was free to park so that was good. The two things I didn't like about the room was that there was no safe. You could use a safe that they had behind the front desk in the lobby at no charge, but to me that was a pain in the butt. I also didn't like that the soap they provided was not in a bar but in a dispenser. The one time I don't bring my own toiletries!! The location of the hotel is great. Minutes from Loon mountain and very close to several restaurants and shopping. Definetly check out the restaurant Fratello's right next door, it is so good! I would stay again, except next time i'll bring my own soap!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2009

Even after walking into the lobby I was not sure this was the hotel I was expecting ..however we asked to compare a room with a suite and for the extra the suite was worth every penny!
A huge style apartment incorporating a kitchen,extra room, two bathrooms, a lounge with fireplace and a bedroom with jucuzzi bath. this place was the highlight of our holiday and we were made quite welcome.
The suite was well maintained and perfectly clean..I am especially fussy with bathrooms and this was pertfect! On several evenings we wandered down to the library or the pool and spa ...all perfectly managed.
Thanks x

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2009

This is probably my favorite InnSeasons resort. It is newly renovated, the units are beautiful, daily housekeeping is impeccable. The resort is connected to the Village Shops and restaurant (very good, not too pricey), which delivers to your room. Two pools, indoor/outdoor, two hot tubs. Staff is great., very helpful. Location is fantastic, right on the Main st, so close to everything, but not loud. We visited Clark's Trading center - it was delightful! Oh, it's like 4 minute drive to Woodstock, you ccan visit Woodstock Inn and Brewery, neat place :)

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2008

My friend and I booked two rooms this past weekend at Inn Seasons South Mountain Resort and were extremely pleased with this resort. I can be very picky about my hotel rooms and found that my room was in excellent and very clean condition. The bathrooom was huge! After we arrived on Friday night we stopped by the Wine and cheese reception (which by the way was free!) and booked ourselves on a moose tour and the awesome autumn tour. Unfortunately, the autumn tour was cancelled due to low participation, but enjoyed the moose tour tremendously. They put the fireplace on in the library every night and we were even entertained by a piano player one evening which was so enjoyable after a long day of traveling. The staff was friendly and all the amenties, pool, landscaping were neat and clean. The biggest plus was that the resort was located in town and so we were able to walk to area restaraunts and stores. My view of the parking lot did not even bother me in the least because the mountains behind it were so beautiful. We are planning our next fall trip there for next year and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Travelers also viewed these Lincoln hotels
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains
River Walk Resort
River Walk Resort
#4 of 20 in Lincoln
InnSeason Resorts Pollard Brook

Been to Bluegreen Vacations South Mountain, Ascend Resort Collection? Share your experiences!