“I wanted a jacuzzi and I got one.”

Fireside Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed November 5, 2010

We stayed in one of the big suites with the jacuzzi.It wasn't priced much more than a regular room so we spent a little extra money and had a fantastic time. The fireplace warmed up the room so nicely and the bed was super comfy. The jacuzzi was totally the temp that I wanted and very soothing. I would stay again. The gentlemen at the front desk were very friendly and accomodating. My only regret is that I didn't wake up in time to eat breakfast in the awesome lounge. Thank you Fireside!

1  Thank sonymonys

Reviewed October 28, 2010

What can I say, our room was the pits, big holes on the bed spread was the first thing I noticed...holes in the carpet....the pillows where flat as pancakes....I did not sleep much that night and I'm really not sure why we stayed......The breakfast was pretty wild, I've never seen mac and cheese,vegetable lasagna, and stuffed old fish served for breakfast!!!! Must be a yankee thing! On a positive note we did receive a free glass a wine upon check-in. We paid
$137 for this room, how silly where we???????

Reviewed October 11, 2010

I didn't read the reviews beforehand, and just as well. Our room was fine. Things were clean, our room was in good shape, and the staff were polite. There were koi ponds and a fireplace in the lobby, and waffles as part of the free breakfast.

1  Thank tzarac
Reviewed September 27, 2010

My husband and I stay in the Hanover area often but all the other hotels were booked due to a number of local events. When we arrived at the Fireside, it seemed very empty from the parking lot. The front desk clerk was polite and friendly and gave us a room right off the lobby. The lobby seemed nice, like an old lodge. As soon as we walked in the room though, we were shocked by the condition of the room. It had exposed pipes all along the ceiling (with flaking white paint, the lighting was terrible and wallpaper was coming off the wall (which had no molding so there was a space between the wall and carpet.) The worst part were the stains on the white sheer drapes which looked like blood stains. I called in the front desk attendant and he agreed that it looked like blood. The room also smelled like bleach and another very bad smell it was masking. I have stayed in countless hotels and this was one of the very worst. I have never felt compelled to write a review of anything but I felt I needed to this time. Fortunately, the front desk clerk allowed us to leave with a refund. We went right over to the Hampton Inn ((which had originally advised it was booked) and they had a room left. Maybe other rooms at the Fireside are better but please beware of this place.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
rfsundell, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2010

As a hotel manager I take all comments very seriously. We can learn and improve with the help of our guest's evaluations of our performance. I learned of this problem not long after the guest had left, and I immediately went to the room to inspect it to address the issues that the guest brought to our attention. I could not find the problems that the guest described. Yes, we have exposed fire control pipes in our rooms. No they were not flaking or in disrepair. I could not find any stain on the draperies whatsoever. The front desk representative that worked with the guest did not go to the room, but as is our policy when a guest is dissatisfied for any reason, cheerfully refunded payment and apologized for any inconvenience. We touched up the room and rented it that night with no complaint. I made sure to follow up with the guest the next morning at checkout to be sure that everything was satisfactory. The guest loved their stay, and re-booked for a future visit.

Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed many times in White River Junction but never there. Should have checked on it first. It's a little dated but the rooms were great. The food was very good and the price was right in line. Not saying it's the best ever but it was worth it to stay an extra night.
We will stop in again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bedrock87
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I have stayed a few times each stay was a result of a late night snow storm, having said that, it was a good place to rest just off the interstate. Rooms were quiet, the beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was well done, I'd go back. Room service would be a nice addition however.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Morningsquire227
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I’m still trying to figure out why in the world Motels in this area are so grossly overpriced.

We needed to stay close to the Hanover area (Not a lot of options there) and this place was recommended (apparently they don’t like I very much (just kidding) I just think they don’t know a decent hotel to compare. I have stayed at 4 star hotels cheaper than this in the heart of Boston and NYC with incredible service and CLEAN.
I felt dirty staying here, one of the seediest places I have stayed at in a long long time.
Ok I might have stayed at worse but then again at least you get what you pay for. I paid over $100 (Ok so it did have a breakfast buffet) which was sub par to say the least.
That’s actually being nice. Muffins so old they were as hard as a rock and burnt you couldn’t even tell the kind.
I stayed at much nicer with breakfast buffets that were edible for still less than this place.

The pool area was so overpowered by the smell of chlorine I thought I’d pass out just walking into the area.
The carpets have a gross “film” on them and everything is outdated and old.

When you walk in and see all the awards behind the front desk you are expecting “OK” at least. Who gives these awards and are they all from 1970 when they must have just opened?

The free email access a joke, I swear it was dial up.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
rfsundell, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2010

The Fireside Inn is very proud of our product and service. It is disappointing to receive a review as negative as this. We strive to be a hotel where the rooms are spotless and comfortable, and where service is the top priority. We tried to research this complaint and were unable to find anything connected to it. It is our policy to first try and solve any problem that a guest has, and if we are unable to do so, we make it right. It is unfortunate that this guest did not let us know about their issues so we could respond to them appropriately. This guest seemed particularly upset about the rate. We take great care to set our rates fairly according to our market, and work hard to provide value.
Robert Sundell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
Courtyard Hanover Lebanon
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!