“Great food and trivia!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stopped for a bite on the way back from Merrimack to montreal. It was Easter Sunday and we were happy to see the restaurant was open. The waitress was excellent-really upbeat and helpful! The clam chowder was to die for! Probably the best I ever tasted!!!!
I had a pesto chicken flat bread which was delicious, oozing with pesto and cheese! My companions ordered the eggplant parmigiana and the pulled pork nachos. My dish was definitely the best but t&e nachos came in a close second. Sunday is trivia night and while we did not actually take part we saw that there must be regulars who go and they all had teams and were competing. It looked like a lot of fun! Service was fast and we had an overall great experience! A great find, we will definitely stop in the next time we are in the area!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Salt Hill is a wonderful local Irish themed pub. The menu is thorough, with enough Irish pub favorites to satisfy the palate. Food quality is usually very consistent and flavorful. Service can be spotty at times depending on the night and crowd, but overall very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Light fare is excellent. Pub atmosphere. Have their scallops, a hummus platter, Ruben, with a pint of good ale. Parking has been changed to backing in slots - horrendous!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Had tickets to an event at the Lebanon Opera House. Show started at 7:30, arrived at Salt Hill Pub @ 6:20 was seated and placed my order by 6:30. Ordered a Pastrami sandwich thinking that it would be quick. Didn't get my food until 7:15 and had to wolf it down in order to finish in time for the show. Waitstaff was very friendly and drink service was very quick. However, when I asked after 30 minutes where my sandwich was, I got a song and dance about how busy they were because of the event and how busy the bar was and blah, blah, blah.

The food was good although because I ate so fast I didn't really get a chance to enjoy it. I'd say that if you are attending an event at Lebanon Opera House and you want to eat first, get there at least 90 minutes before the show or go somewhere else.

Suggestion to management - have enough kitchen staff on to handle event crowd. The place didn't seem to be that busy to me since I only had to wait about 5 minutes for a table.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

There is also live music some days of the week. Atmosphere is very casual, items on the menu can vary a little and can be a little unusual at times. The appetizers are great as meals and are plentiful.