“Fun Place”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Hopkinton, MA
“Fun Place”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in on a Sunday night and unwittingly stumbled into a trivia contest that was about to begin. We ended up having a great meal and a surprisingly good time. Our waiter made some good recommendations for meal choices. One of his suggestions was fish and chips, which would not have been our first choice. My wife and I went with this idea and it was outrageously good. Overall, the food, service, and atmosphere was terrific. Our family really enjoyed our experience at the Salt Hill Pub.

Visited August 2013

Lebanon NH
“Local Pub with Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Salt Hill is a local pub frequented by locals and visitors alike.

The food is just as they describe it on their website: Honest Food. The burgers and stews are great; my husband likes the fish 'n chips and the salads are generous. Good beer selection on tap.

They offer music nearly every night, and the place really gets rocking when a popular local dance band is on (the line sometimes extends out on the mall to get in).

Great place to meet up with old friends and make new ones!

Visited June 2013
Silver Spring, MD
“Great Pub, Pretty Good Food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It's hard to judge a place by one meal but we really enjoyed the atmosphere at the Salt Hill. There is indoor and outdoor seating and it is a very comfortable environment. The service was quick and friendly.

One of us had a Salad with Smoked Salmon. It was very good. I had the Pot Roast, While it was flavorful, it came out pretty dry. The chef was roaming the dining room and I asked for more gravy. He quickly returned with both gravy and au jus. Excellent customer focus and it helped the meal.

My only other complaint was that the pot roast was served with an enormous serving of mashed potatoes and an ear of fresh corn. Love corn but didn't really want two starches in the same meal. Would have loved a green or other vegetable.

Prices and portions were great. I would definitely go back and try some other items as I loved the atmosphere.

Visited July 2013
Boston, MA
“Good food many options including for a meat lover and a vegan”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on the way to VT for lunch - both meals were very good. Sandwich came with really awesome chips. Grilled pear salad was really good and pear was freshly grilled and warm.

• Visited July 2013
Danville, Vermont
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We ate at the Salt Hill Pub last night before a local event up the street. We arrived at approximately 5:15 with plenty of time to spare (hah!) before the 7:00 show. It didn't look terribly busy for a big night with plenty of tables open in the main room and outside. We were escorted into a side room which looked like an after thought. There were even big boxes stacked in one corner.
The menu looks pretty impressive on paper, which is the main reason I suggested this place. After ordering beers, which took forever to arrive (15 mins) we decided to order food so we would have plenty of time to enjoy the meal.
We waited another long time for the food, which consisted of burgers, a salad and the baked acorn squash special. In fact the food arrived exactly 1 hour from the time we arrived. And we had only ordered ONE beer each, as the waiter was obviously working in another area out of out sight.
To make matters worse, a couple who had been seated in our area 15 minutes after us, we're served food before us!! AND the table of 6 directly behind us got up and walked out without eating after sitting there who knows how long.
Food wise, the guys said their burgers were good, my friend said her salad was good, but my acorn squash dish was so dry I had to use my salad dressing on the whole thing. The squash was so overlooked it was black!
We finally got out of there with about five minutes to spare before the show. Not acceptable!
I had been so looking forward to eating here based on other reviews and a friend's personal recommendation. I guess we just had a bad experience. They just seemed to be off their game last night on the floor and in the kitchen. Disappointed.

• Visited June 2013