“Great Italian food”

Three Tomatoes Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Three Tomatoes Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Three Tomatoes Trattoria opened on November 20th, 1990. Over the years I have traveled extensively throughout Italy in search of new ideas, recipes, and great wines to bring back to Three Tomatoes. The source of inspiration continues to be the simple, fresh, healthy and local foods of Trattoria style cooking. Eating in a Trattoria in Italy is like eating with an Italian family. The mood can be relaxed or boisterous, but always friendly. It is a home away from home and a gathering place for friends. I have tried to capture the warmth of the trattoria kitchen with its open fire, the aroma of simmering sauces, roasted meats, grilled fish and pizza baking in our custom built wood fired oven. Our newly revised wine list has been enhanced by selections of distinction and value inspired by attending Vinitaly, Slow Food's Terra Madre and visiting vineyards throughout Italy, Sicily and Sardinia. Three Tomatoes has captured some of the spirit that makes wine, food, and conviviality such an important part of trattoria life. Salute and buon appetito! Robert
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

This place was a little slow when we went, but the staff was pleasant and the food was outstanding. Its just a little pricey but not too bad and with food like that it's hard to complain. My mom said it was the best Italian food she's had since her trip to Italy.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Ok, so I am not one to go out of my way to comment on restaurants or anything else for that matter, which is why you should take me coming online to write a review about Three Tomatoes Trattoria in Lebanon, NH very seriously.

My boyfriend and I sat outside, overlooking the beautiful Lebanon Green and the most beautiful flower garden I have seen this season. We were immediately greeted by a gentleman offering us a free sample of pumpkin beer (which we never would have ordered) and it was actually really good, so my boyfriend ordered a whole glass (or 2) We were next greeted by our waitress; Jamilyn Jofil (I asked her whole name because she was THAT good). She was extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. I like flavored vodka and she recommended the Blueberry Vodka that was from a local place in Maine. I had TWO! It was delicious!

We looked at the menu and decided on the Brochette as an appetizer. It was "MELT IN YOUR MOUTH AMAZING!" I don't know what they did to those tomatoes to make them taste so fresh and amazing, but, WOW!.

When we looked at the menu, as I often do (who am I fooling-as I ALWAYS do) i wanted one thing this way instead of that and with this sauce instead of that...well, you get the picture (I'm one of those). Jamilyn was SO gracious and didn't seem at all annoyed or that I was "bothering her" by changing things up. As a matter of fact, she was quite the opposite, she raved about the Chef and how he will make anything, any way I want it as long as he has the ingredients. This made me very happy. So I ordered: Tortellini with a mix of red and white sauces with grilled, "blackened" chicken breast. The Jamilyn very politely said that she wasn't sure if Chef had the seasoning I was looking for, but that she "knew he would do his best." A few minutes later she returned to let me know that he would make my blackened chicken with what he had-No problem. My Boyfriend also changed up his seafood plate to be healthier with olive oil and garlic rather than the butter sauce that was on the menu and that was "no problem" as well.

All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW! My meal came and the color of the sauce was perfection, the local-made tortellini was perfection and the blackened chicken breast... PERFECTION! What's better? Chef Bill Howard personally came to our table a few minutes after we began eating, to be sure it all came out the way we had envisioned. I told him that it could not have been better. I am OVERLY impressed with the quality of the food and service provided to us last night and I don't think I want date night to ever be anywhere else!

(P.s ~ leftover tortellini today was just as good as it was last night! A+++++!)
Thanks for Making this a special night for us!
Sonya & Kris
Canaan, NH

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stopped by this restaurant in our way back home.

We liked the pizzas and the service was fast (we got our food in about 15 min) but it's very important that the owner and or the manager knows that to keep a reputation it's not just about the food...

We've been served by a lady with a very strange attitude. I really think that it's not a way to treat your customers. Attitude in a restaurant is not allowed from a server. The lady will recognize herself so I don't have to say more...

We liked the fire oven baked pizza though but we won't stop there a second time.

1  Thank 2Wawa
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stopped by the Three Tomatoes after a day of errands and work how nice it was to eat out .... char broiled aspargas with arugala and small tomatoes , three veal meatballs with fettacino and tomato sauce ..... this meal was shared with my husband To order two meals would be too much. One meal is more than enough for the two of us Very tasty, good food service, friendly waitress, What more is there ?

Reviewed August 28, 2012

An Italian restaurant where all the food is delicious. Can get wine in a rooster shaped pitcher. This place can get rather loud when full but don't let that deter you from trying it.