“Barely so so food, awful margaritas”

Gusanoz Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 67 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Gusanoz is owned by Maria Limon and Nick Yager and we pride ourselves on making the vast majority of our food from scratch using ingredients that would be found in a home kitchen in Mexico. We offer many authentic dishes as well as some TexMex favorites. Our recipes are derived from the food that Maria grew up with in Sonora and Durango, Mexico and our flavors remain authentic to her family's home cooking.
Reviewed April 16, 2013

So, I might have margaritas 3 or 4 times a year, a real treat when done right. These were small, so weak I am not sure what was in them except salty ice, and at $7 a pop, completely unsatisfying in every way. I would have sent mine back, but I'd be scared to drink whatever came out next! Food was not good: fish tacos were soggy and fishy tasting, and my companion's "hot lava bowl" of chicken and beef was only acceptable as it was swimming in cheese, which probably hid an otherwise bland and boring dish. Even the chips and salsa were lame, I mean, if you can't go indulge in fresh, hot chips and tasty salsa, what's the point of going to a Mexican restaurant. Sadly, I will be reduced in future to eating at Margaritas. Chains are almost never an option I consider, but there are no other Mexican restaurants in the area. I liked Gusanoz a lot more before the "make over".

5  Thank Irish1997

Reviewed April 7, 2013

When first opened, was best Mex/Mex-Mex in region. Must be hard to keep good help because last two times food was mediocre to poor. But although I've not been for more than a year now, I hear the owners have redoubled thier efforts and things are better. expect to try again soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The food is a notch above chain Mexican, but still lacks those fresh vibrant flavors that really good Mexican should have. My main gripe is that I paid $13 for a fresh lime juice Margarita and I;m still not sure if it had any tequila in it. Come on now, a Margarita should basically be lime flavored tequila. Weak.

3  Thank gtpro
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I recently ate here for a second time, and it was as good!! I was there on a BUSY Friday night - the place was hopping!! They seated me quickly, and since the kitchen was pretty backed up my extremely efficient server kept my chips & salsa topped off, and her timing was always PERFECT for refilling my iced tea, with a fresh glass - with lemon and ice in it!! Imagine that, getting a refill of iced tea with ice!!! (It's the small things that make me happy!)

I had the three enchiladas meal (again) - the mole sauce is SO GOOD. In fact, the next time I'll substitute the chicken enchilada in the green sauce (the enchilada was dry) and get a 2nd mole enchilada. I can't tell you how good it was...

The night I ate at Gusanoz was the night before going on a trip to Mexico, where I ate in several authentic Mexican restaurants. Gusanoz was as good (if not better) than many of the places that I ate at while in Mexico. And I can't get over how good my server was -- she was excellent!!!

I love this place!!

3  Thank jbuker
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I don't typically give reviews but I was very disappointed with the service and food quite frankly. Along with the noise level and the crammed seating, dropping a hundred bucks at this place made me feel suckered. Waitress didn't listen, came to apologize for forgetting my appetizer and proceeded to forget again. Then was given a free appetizer coupon for next time rather than call it gratis immediately. She also continued to come over and break into my families conversations which was annoying also. I'm considering that this restaurant had some immediate marketing success by a reality show but I'm thinking that after the cameras, producers and construction crews left, there was nothing of substance left. I felt cheated quite frankly. Would definitely not recommend that experience to anyone.