“Definitely not Starbucks”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Jake's Coffee Co.

No photo provided
Dining options: Breakfast
Vermont
“Definitely not Starbucks”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

There are many people that scoff at going to Starbucks for reasons such as the price of their drinks and it's a major chain "taking over the world". I like going to Starbucks because although the drinks are pricey, they are always good AND the baristas are consistently friendly, some over the top friendly. Great customer service, in my opinion, really makes an establishment.

The other day, I stopped in at Jakes craving a smoothie. The barista did not greet me, didn't even look at me, and barely talked above a whisper. Just a drone standing in front of a register. I ordered a small smoothie which cost over $4 and that too was unsatisfactory. It was a mix added to ice, some of it not even completely blended. Not worth the price, for sure.

• Visited May 2014