“pleasant surroundings”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013

went for lunch--very quiet--excellent service, very good sushi--a pleasing experience-- a little out of the way at the end of a long commercial strip but right next to Home depot

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I lived in Japan for 13 years and I had high hopes of this restaurant being authentic with great food like I find at the Japanese hangouts in NYC. I did not partake in the Hibachi grill festivities as I was by myself but there was a constant flow of people at the hibachi tables and the chefs seemed to make things enjoyable for guests. I am not sure what the hibachi grill items taste like as I did not eat any.

I ordered from the menu: Ton Katsu, Gyoza, Maguro Sushi, and Tekka Maki (Tuna Roll). The gyoza was just okay, the sushi was just okay and the sushi roll was average. The Ton Katsu seemed very dry unlike normal ton katsu which is very flavorful and moist. The presentation of every dish was delightful but the food was not on par for a Japanese restaurant. Maybe it's because the people working at the restaurant are not Japanese. The waitress was outstanding at attending to my every needs...great job to the wait staff!!!

I may come back again and try the Hibachi Grill if I am really craving some Japanese style food but I would not order anything else from the menu.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

OK place where we have gone for lunch.
Prices have doubled in last 3 years.
They also have sushi which we have not tried.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I love the Koto for the deluxe sashimi at the sushi bar, where over the years I have got to know the staff. Very friendly, they make their offerings into an art form. I have also enjoyed their miso soup and shrimp tempura.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

It's a lot of fun to have them cook your meal right at the table. fresh and done just the way you like. Hone in on catching things with your mouth :)