“A good place to stay if visiting Dartmouth”

Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
Newport, Rhode Island
“A good place to stay if visiting Dartmouth”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I go to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center from time to time for various medical needs and always stay at this Marriott since it is right across the road from the Medical Center. It offers suites which include a full kitchen and a Queen-size bed (the Residence Inn Marriotts do not usually offer a King size bed) and a full, complimentary breakfast as well as a modest complimentary dinner. The rooms, as in all of the Marriott Hotels in which I have stayed, are perfectly clean with good work space and good lighting for reading and well worth the price for the stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Dear Stephen607,
Thank you for sharing your glowing review of your opinion about our hotel. This review could be used in our marketing program.
I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and our property. We look forward to your return when you visit Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Whitefield, ME
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

This Marriott is perfectly located for anyone needing to be near the Dartmouth medical center. There is also an excellent grocery store nearby. The rooms include a kitchenette with 2 stove burners and a full size refrigerator, so you can prepare simple meals. Breakfast and a light supper are included in the price, as is a shuttle service to the medical center. Also included is free use of the superb fitness club across the street. A network of sidewalks is nearby if you want to go out for a walk. My only complaint is the wireless -- always screws up my MacBook Pro for at least a week after staying here.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear snoluvr_24,
Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay with us. I am happy to read that for the most part you enjoy staying with us except for the MacBook issue after check out. I am not sure what that could be related to but I am sorry you have this frustration after you leave.
I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and our property. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
toronto
Reviewed August 9, 2014

One night here, a big room with an excellent bed and kitchen facilities. Great; helpful staff and a great place to stay close to the interstate. A food store and a Mexican restaurant a 5 minute walk away. I would for sure come back here!

Room Tip: Top floor, I believe the third.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear dt400blows,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience about your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed everything about your stay.
We look forward to a return visit from you.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We have stayed here many many times over the 4 years our daughter attended Dartmouth and found it a nice place. I'm a Marriott Reward Silver member. For graduation we reserved and paid one year in advance for 3 rooms for 3 nights (super expensive rates too). When we realized we only needed two rooms, we went on the Marriott website and canceled the reservation and got an cancellation acknowledgement. Only it turns out the policy of THIS property was not to refund graduation reservations. OK, I said. So give me my room back and I'll find someone who can use it. Matt the manager said, "We can't do that because we've already re-booked it." Ok if you've already booked it,, give me my refund. "No we can't our because our policy states that its non-refundable". Finally they agreed to refund two nights but not the third. They don't see this as a problem. hmmmm. Now they don't answer me at all. I think this reflects very poorly on the management at this property and I don't recommend you stay here. We have stayed next door at The Courtyard. More cost effective and it has a much more customer friendly management and I recommend you stay in that property. If you decide to stay at Residence, beware of their cancellation policy and lack of concern for your satisfaction.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Spkrman007,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay. As you stated in your post is that you were staying over Dartmouth graduation weekend. Our policy during this special event is that any cancellations would be charged one night's room and tax. You booked your reservations on-line and that policy was stated at time of booking. I am not sure about your conversations with Matt because our policy during this particular weekend is to not resell cancelled reservations based on contracts signed by our guests which you did not have one since you booked it on-line, however, I am aware that we did refund 2 of the night's charged so you were only ultimately charged for the one night cancellation fee which was outlined in your on-line reservation. Your satisfaction is very important to us and because of this we abided by the reservation policies in your on-line reservation.
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Our second stay at Residence Inn Hanover was as nice as our first. Easy location and a great Mexican restaurant next door. Great for a visit to Dartmouth College.

Nothing fancy yet clean, comfortable, and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Susan B,
Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed it.
I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and my property. I hope the next time you are in the area that you give us another opportunity to serve you.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We have been to this area many times but this was our first time in this hotel. We like to have our own kitchen so we can prepare fresh food or use leftovers from super-sized restaurant meals. I am surprised to read some of the posts here as we had a lovely studio room that was clean and inviting. There is a Food Coop store a two-minute walk from the hotel. It is like a Whole Foods type with prepared foods and a great butcher and fish counter, etc. You could easily stay at this hotel and prepare your own fresh food. The kitchen is well stocked -- we even had a measuring cup and colander. The front desk staff were super! Don has a great sense of humor and was so helpful and friendly. We had a problem with our car and Andrea recommended a super garage - Wilson's - just down the street. They were very competent and helped us right away. The cleaning staff at the hotel were warm and did a good job. Everyone was very professional and there is a huge staff here -- saw several different people over our few day stay. As for negatives for the hotel - the fitness room was under repair but they offered access to a nearby gym -- a better deal really. We did not want to use the pool so I cannot add to what others have posted here. As for the breakfast -- the foods were plentiful but not for me really -- I prefer to make fresh eggs in our room and we bought great sausages at the Food Coop. The evening meals offered by the hotel were also not for us....mostly foods we do not eat -- and on the par with a school cafeteria. That's too bad really. They should do away with it altogether and charge less for the room or serve something better. (We were told though that their manager had recently passed away and that he was he one who had arranged the meals etc. and they were understandably in the midst of addressing shifting responsibilities for staff etc.) On the whole we liked our experience here and would like to come again on our next trip.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and far from the elevator. Very pleased.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Cohenprof,
White Mountains NH
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The Upper Valley is a very desirable place due to its proximity to Dartmouth College, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and many other places of an historic nature or those with scenic beauty. This Residence Inn unfortunately seems strangely neglected for such a community. Upon checking in we were given a room that had obvious wear and tear and did not seem all that clean. In addition to that it had a mini coffeemaker which I have never seen at a Residence Inn. When we requested a different room our request was honored and the other room was a bit better. Breakfast in the morning featured fairly typical fare, but the area seemed a little uncared for, selection was limited and some of the hot foods such as eggs and potatoes were set up on folding tables which gave the breakfast nook a very makeshift sort of look. I will say that the manager on duty that morning did greet us warmly when we arrived. I have stayed at this property before and didn't get this sort of feeling at that time. I know that there has since been a new Courtyard by Marriott built less than half a mile from this property, so perhaps that's where all the attention is being focused now. The prices were very reasonable at this location and now I think I know why.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura W
Dear Laura W,
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience about your recent stay. The breakfast area situation that you refer to was due to our renovation of our gatehouse and during the transition we had to temporarily set up our food service on these tables. I can assure you that we are focused on providing every guest exceptional accomodations and service and working to improve the physical properties of the hotel on a daily basis.
I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and our property. I am confident that if you return to our hotel that your experience will be much different than what you encountered this past stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Courtyard Hanover Lebanon
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon? Share your experiences!