“Excellent stay”

Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My Dad and I stayed in the1 bedroom suite for 3 nights in June 2014 while my mother had surgery at DHMC. I have to say everything was great. The room was clean and updated with a small kitchenette and full size refrigerator. My Dad says his queen bed was very comfortable. I slept on the pull out sofa and it was very comfortable too. They served a hot breakfast with many choices, as well as supper--all the food was very good. Staff was friendly and accommodating. I have nothing but good to say about my stay at this hotel and I would definitely stay here again, and highly recommend it to others needing a hotel in this area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
dpresrileb, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Hello I love to knit and thank you for staying with us and your kind words. We appreciate you stay withing us and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Dissapointing in this hotel, no luggage racks..no place to place things no dresser or counter space ..bath was old dark diry..kitchen old cheap appliaces ugly..We had a view of the back office area the employee break smoke area ugly.The place has howned its age and lack of upkeep..pool area moldy and dirty aukky.. only good thing bed was great

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank retired1111
dpresrileb, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Retired,

Thank you for taking the time for the input on our hotel. The luggage racks are not required in a Residence Inn but next time I am sure we could figure something out to satisfy your needs. Many of our rooms do have the newer appliances as we are going through a renovation. Please contact me the next time you are in the area ( Doug ) and I am confident we will satisfy your needs.

thanks

Reviewed April 21, 2014

When you think of the Marriott name, you don't picture this hotel. It was horrible!!!! The best thing about it was breakfast. Yes, I do like scrambled eggs that taste like real eggs, and fresh baked potato wedges, with grated cheese and salsa for toppings, along with waffles, fruits, etc. I also liked the lodge style of the breakfast room.

What I didn't like - everything else. The entry to this place is downtrodden. It looks like the back office of a pop-up advertising company. Nothing fancy, interesting, or revolting - just bland. And our room. I liked that it was a one bedroom suite, but it needed some serious attention to detail. Had we not arrived so late in the evening, all types of alarm bells would have gone off and I would have switched hotels. What a sorry welcome after a long day of Ivy league college shopping. Yes, the college tours are murder on your feet and it would be nice to rest at a nice spot.

For the first time ever, we had a used bar of soap that was placed back in a new box to appear new. The remote control for the bedroom tv had a broken back battery cover. I tried to call the front desk to complain from the phone in the bedroom, but the plug to the cord wouldn't stay in without me holding it. And, worse was the shower curtain liner. It looked like it hadn't been changed in months. These are very little things that could have been taken care of by housekeeping, but weren't. The front desk person did come up with several new bars of soap and conditioner, but I just didn't feel clean in that room. Uck. The bed was also short sheeted.

I'd give it one star if the breakfast wasn't so darn good. NEVER EVER will I stay here again. EVER. Don't recommend it to anyone, except if you're just stopping in for a meal.

Room Tip: Stay at a nicer - and much CLEANER - hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank luvdatropics
dpresrileb, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and I appreciate you letting us know in regards to your room condition. We strive to adhere to the marriott standards of cleanliness and evidently this was not the case with your room. Please call me and ask for Doug directly should you come to the area. I assure you will have a problem free stay.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Yes. Everyone has a free breakfast buffet. This facility has a free breakfast and dinner buffet. The rooms are quite large, and laid out very well. The fitness center is small, only two machines, but the treadmill I used was high quality.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alan M
Reviewed February 22, 2014

A wonderful Residence Inn in the beauty that is New Hampshire -- great staff, clean spacious rooms, good meals included and even privileges at the local health club within walking distance -- and what a club it is! The Inn will shuttle you anywhere within 5 miles, has a nice laundry room with 4 washers & dryers and its own small fitness room. We liked the kitchen in all rooms with full size refrig, electric 2-burner stove, dishwasher, cookware, eating ware, cloth placemats and napkins. Only complaint: room cleaners don't rinse off or scrub food from the pots, pans or silverware before putting in the dishwasher so we did our own dishes. Ask for dish soap and a sponge since not included in the kitchen. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: All good! If you like to see forest, stay in the back. If you like more activity, stay in the fron...
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Last night was the first time in a few years that I have stayed here. It looks like it has been updated a bit. The place seems fresher and cleaner. It is a good option in the Lebanon area. During yesterdays storm, it was nice to be able to walk 50ft out the back door to a nearby restaurant. I did not try he breakfast but it seemed pretty good from what I could see. The wireless internet was awesome The walls are a bit thin, so bring some earplugs.

1  Thank foresterc
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I really liked staying at this hotel. The room was very spacious, the TV was great ,the shower was great with lots of pressure, ands the bed was very comfy.

The location is great, being very near the medical center, right off I89, and maybe 10 minutes to downtown Hanover.

The breakfast which is included was very good and had lots of choices. There is Margarita's Restaurant right next door if you don't need to venture out.

I would give it 5 stars but the heater was very noisy at night, which is a problem at many hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Element Hanover-Lebanon
#4 of 7 in Lebanon
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon? Share your experiences!