“Solid hotel in a good location.”

Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
NYC area
“Solid hotel in a good location.”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Nothing fancy here but a very good choice for a fairly priced hotel not far from Hanover. I tend to like Residence Inns and this one is no exception. Stay here and dine in town - only a short drive away. Or dine in your room after shopping at the Coop grocery store right next door.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Ossipee, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very clean, hospitable hotel. Love the meet and greet dinners during the week. RI has the most comfortable beds, linens and pillows. Only place my husband and I will stay during our trips. Beautiful little town. Be sure to drive around campus and take in the sights.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Yarmouthport
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have traveled extensively the last 10 years, using another "big name" hotel chain's reward program. Just re-joined Marriot's rewards. This is my 2nd stay at a Marriot this year, and first at a Residence Inn.The greeting by the evening staff was basically non-existent. No smile, no welcome .Lots of slamming around and no eye contact. The hotel itself is "under renovation" in the hall, so trim is all missing, carpet is poor, walls look horrible. The pool was tiny and we chose not to use any of the amenities. The laundry facilities seemed like something from a sad and tired Laundromat. Our room had stained grout in the bathroom. The tub and sink were old and stained, all the furniture was old and uncomfortable. There was a strong smell in room, like overuse of deodorizer to hide smells. AC was extremely noisy, as was the fridge. There was a locked closet across from bed and dripping could be heard regularly through out the night. Went in search of vending and only found small fridge (??? hotel market ???) at front desk. $2.50 for small bottle of water is just crazy. Breakfast was limited but palatable. Coffee was poor. Margherita's next door and the Co-op save this from being a total bust!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lulu1040
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

If you like Residence Inn then this is your place. We just stayed the night while passing through the area. The gent who checked us in was a bit void of personality and there was no evening light meal since it was Labor Day. Our room was clean though the grout in the restroom could have used attention. Fortunately the light was so sim it was hard to tell.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank clherrick
Blackstone, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We returned to the Residence Inn after a so so visit last year. The hotel is undergoing a face lift with new carpet, wallpaper and furniture. Overall a significant approval. Pool area is still in need of some renovation and is very small in size. ok for a couple or small family. Food in the morning was less then adequate. Much was over cooked or under cooked. Only a fair variety. Of all the Marriott's I have stayed at I think it was the worst we have ever had. Also several people in the breakfast area were barefoot. Management should watch for this and put some signs up.

Left a $5.00 tip for the maid 2 days in a row and no thank you. What's up with society.

Had some kids running down the halls until 10:00PM. Where are the parents!!

Location is good and we would consider to return. Nice with the two bedroom units, and being pet friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RayV555
Boston
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed one night with my daughter while taking a class at the nearby King Arthur Baking Center. Wasn't enticed by the online rate so got a priceline rate - a very good deal. Hotel was fine. Not luxury, but our one-bedroom suite had a separate living area with a small kitchenette, flat screen tv, large bedroom and bathroom. Hotel is right next to a Co-op supermarket (similar to Whole Foods) and just a short hop from Rt 89. About a 10 minute drive into Hanover and to Dartmouth. Our rate included free breakfast but we opted for a trip to Lou's diner instead (highly recommended!). I'd certainly stay again, especially with kids, if I could get the fab priceline rate again. Not a lot of luxury amenities but certainly clean and fine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here because of its proximity to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Hospital, but would probably search for a cheaper option a little farther away next time. The room was fine, but there were a few other areas that fell flat. They were renovating the hallways, so the baseboards were missing. No big deal, but not pleasing to the eye. The "gym" had one treadmill and one stationary bike, and the treadmill was out of order. I hope you like riding a bike and I hope no one else wants to workout at the same time. And no free weights. Really bad excuse for a gym. We didn't use the pool, but it was small and the Jacuzzi was covered up so we could not have used it if so desired. The person who took my reservation over the phone said they had a dinner that evening (I think each Mon-TH), but the only thing there was some sort of manicotti. Nothing else. And it wasn't good anyway. So......we went across the street to the Mexican place. There is no business center and they only have one computer in the lobby/dining area for internet use. Fortunately.....no one else was waiting while I used it. The breakfast layout is very strange. It is spread out between two separate rooms and on various tables within those rooms. So......you actually have to go to 4 different tables in two different rooms to get everything you need for the breakfast. I did like the egg biscuit they offered. But.....they were lacking on the fruit. One final negative was the guy who checked us in (blond haired guy in his 20's maybe). I walked in and tried to hand him my printed registration and he would not accept it. He wanted me to give my last name, which was printed on the registration. But I have to repeat my name three times instead. Then he placed my room key on the counter. That was it. No conversation. He didn't tell me how to get to my room. He didn't ask if I had any questions. Just silence. I then asked him how to get to my room. It was just uncomfortable.
So........maybe I just had bad luck, but there were quite a few minor issues, that add up in the end. Nothing wrong with the hotel, but just average in my opinion.

Room Tip: Ask for the Dartmouth rest easy rate.