“A bit on the decline”

Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have stayed at this Residence Inn about a half dozen times over the past year to visit aging family. The good news: service at check in remains very good and efficient. The suites are still large as is typical for the brand, and it is conveniently close to 91, a restaurant, liquor store, and large coop grocery store. Beds are very comfy. The bad news is the rooms are getting shabby - carpets are aging and not very clean, furniture is a bit tattered, and there are cracks in the bathroom tiles. In our 2 bedroom suite, there was a table for 2, and seating in the living room for 3. In a 2 bedroom stuite? Not sure what was up there, but not too convenient for 4 people. One day our room had no clean up service, which was survivable obviously, but they still picked up my $5 tip off the unmade bed. And the rate was $319/night! I believe they are renovating, however, and if so and you get a renovated room, you will likely be happy. I suggest asking for one at check in. As usual, the food and coffee are pretty awful, but this is typical of all Residence Inns. Go over to the coop and buy a cup of good coffee, scones, egg sandwiches if you care about food.

1  Thank RXCONSULTANT
dpresrileb, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

I would appreciate it if you could give me a call in regards to your experience the last time you stayed with us. There is brand new carpet in all of our rooms, new furniture in all of our rooms. We inspect the cleanliness of our rooms with a trained Marriott inspectress and if there is ever a problem in our hotel we want to take care of it. My cell phone is on the welcome letter on every fridge. Please call and ask for me Doug Preston 603-643-4511. Thanks very much.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here while vising Dartmouth on college tours with the kids. Had a 2 bedroom suite and we had plenty of room. My son loved the pool and the breakfast was good. My only complaint was the parking. Despite what appeared to be adequate parking, both the front and the rear lots filled up very quickly. Luckily there is a grocery store and a bar/restaurant next door with ample parking there. The close proximity of the grocery store is a big plus as is the very short walk across the street to the Mexican restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words and please think of us in the future when returning to the area. We are very proud of our service and our hotel. Have a great rest of the year.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our family found ourselves in a tragic situation which required us to be at the Darthmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon N.H. for a few days. The wonderful nurses at the hospital told us about the Residence Inn and their rest easy plan for family members of very sick hospital patients. The hotel and staff were wonderful! I had forgotten some toiletries in my rush to pack, no problem they had everything I needed. Breakfast was terrific with hot and cold food items. The room was big enough for all to sleep comfortably. What more can I say, the Residence Inn provided us with a bit of normalcy during some very difficult times.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
dpresrileb, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thanks for your kind words in regards to our hotel. I truly hope everything went well at DHMC.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spent the fourth with my grandchildren to visit family. The suites are large and the children loved getting their own breakfast, and making the waffles. We were able to have my brother and his family over to play board games in their breakfast room and they even had warm cookies for the kids.The employees are friendly and make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Near restaurants, and shopping.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
dpresrileb, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Joan, Thank you so much for your kind words and I am elated that you enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind in the future and hope your summer is healthy and happy.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was extremely disappointed with my last visit to the Residence Inn. I visit the area several times a year and this has been my “go to” hotel. On this last visit, the hotel was far below its usual quality.

The layouts of the rooms are nice with an alcove for the bed, a spacious living area and kitchen, and adequate desk space. However, on this trip the room was filthy. There was dust thick enough to write my name on some of the trim in the room and on the lamp shades. There were crumbs on the counter and I don’t think anyone had cleaned beneath the countertop microwave in months.

The service also seemed to have slipped with front desk staff less helpful and friendly than what one would expect in a small town hotel.

There is a decent breakfast buffet in the mornings. It gets a bit over run and it is sometimes difficult to find a seat, but the staff does a good job in replenishing items as they are used up.

One of the nice things about the hotel is its location. It is located next to a full sized grocery store with a large selection of prepared foods and bulk items. It is also adjacent to the area’s best fitness center with two pools, tennis courts, cardio machines, etc. If you want to workout during your stay, go to the River Valley Club rather than the small hotel gym.

They don’t seem to advertise it, but there is a shuttle that runs to Hanover and to the local bus station. (There is terrific bus service to Boston with the depot just a mile or so to the hotel. It makes it possible to fly into Logan rather than Manchester.)

While the hotel used to be a good choice, I am not sure it remains as such.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank runkate
dpresrileb, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

I sincerely apologize for the experience that you had with us. I would appreciate it if you could take the time and give me a call at 603-676-5000 which is my direct line so I can look into this further. We do have an inspection process for our housekeeping and pride ourselves in making it right. I do leave me cell phone on the refrigerator for guests to call me directly should they result in a problem. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times when my husband has treatments at the Medical Center. The suites are a perfect solution when family joins you and needs a place to stay. The staff is friendly and obliging. Last visit they upgraded my room as a courtesy. The location next to a restaurant and walking distance to a grocery and liquor store could not be more perfect. They also offer a shuttle to the hospital, perfect for patients who are unable to drive themselves. The complementary breakfast is healthy, eggs, fruit, yogurt, etc. The food quality is average but plentiful. Coffee is available all day. Having a kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, dishes and flatware makes preparing healthy food for patients an easy task. If you or a family member has to be at the Medical Center, stay here! Ask for the Dartmouth Rest Easy rate.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the rear parking lot are noisier than the front rooms. But its only guests using th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us it is greatly appreciated. Please ask for me the next time you are in the area ( Doug ).

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

stayed the weekend for a wedding and definitely worth it to stay here instead of the really expensive hotels downtown. the drive was only a few minutes to get down near Dartmouth/shops/restaurants. breakfast was included so that was an added bonus. our room was huge and had a full kitchen which we didn't use but it would have come in handy if we were staying longer. Very friendly staff at front desk and helpful with shuttle service. highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012
dpresrileb, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thanks you so much for commenting on your stay with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
So many travelers rely on trip advisor to make their choices and all the comments by consumers make a difference. Nice Job.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Element Hanover-Lebanon
#4 of 7 in Lebanon
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon? Share your experiences!