Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The hotel was clean with all furniture in good shape, beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was typical with eggs, bagels, waffles and such. We used this hotel for a Killington ski trip while the 35 miles were scenic the 50 to 60 minutes travel time were torturous. One oddity was the 30 minute timer on the fireplace I understand the desire to save energy but only 30 minutes then stop what your doing and restart the fireplace??

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover/Lebanon regardless of the proximity to Killington Ski Area. I'm glad to know that your suite was clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed the hot buffet breakfast. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I will start out with the negative first. The bed is really firm, the pull out sofa mattress is so thin that even with extra bedding piled under them, my 16 year old and 6 year old had a really rough night. My husband likes a firmer bed, so he slept ok on the Queen bed, but I tossed and turned a lot, we all woke up a bit sore today.
The positives: The staff is amazing. They truly welcome you like an old friend from the moment you walk in the door. I did not get a name, but the gentleman at the front desk always has a warm smile, and is more than happy to go out of his way to do what he can to make you happy here. When we told him the pull out was terribly uncomfortable, he went and grabbed extra soft comforters to pile underneath the kids to help make it softer.
There are several workers here upgrading the hotel, and all of them are warm and welcoming. They are installing new wifi, which is fast and great I was instantly connected! The staff installing it were all really nice, and fine about us walking by them several times as we got settled in. Several other workers stopped to say hello, play with my son, and ask us how we were enjoying our stay. If we come this way again, even though the beds are terrible for me, I would pack a memory foam topper and gladly come back!
F.Y.I. They have both a breakfast buffet daily, and a dinner buffet several nights during the week. Last night they had spaghetti and meat sauce that I heard several guests say was delicious. We ordered out because I have some picky eaters, and dinner wasn't ready until later than they wanted to eat. Free breakfast and dinner during the week makes this a very economical stay if you take advantage of it!

Room Tip: If you have older children, or adults, I do not recommend them sleeping on the pull out sofa unless...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover/Lebanon. I'm happy to hear that our staff was warm and welcoming, I will share your kind words during our morning meeting. I'm sorry that our new beds are not to your liking. As you witnessed during your stay, we are doing many upgrades to include new furniture in the suites with new pull out sofa beds. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Upper Valley.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

One of the reasons to stay at Marriott properties is consistent high quality and reliability. This RI does not disappoint. The staff greeting was warm, inviting and informative. The venue was nicely appointed. And the rooms were quiet.

There were a few signs of wear and tear, but they were minor (e.g., a couple cracked tiles in the bath). And the toiletries didn't include a lotion (needed on a dry winter day). Other than those two minor 'issues' this is a great place to stay and get some work done.

But, PLEASE, Marriott --- put some FIRM pillows in your rooms. Those soft pillows that wouldn't even support a feather are useless.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriot Hanover/Lebanon for your stay while visiting the Upper Valley. I'm happy to hear that you were not disappointed. I will pass along your pillow suggestion to our Executive Housekeeper. There are many exciting upgrades planned for 2013 that we are anxious to share.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I recently stayed at Residence Inn in Lebanon for a week+ and was extremely impressed with the kind and thoughtful management and staff. The rooms was large, clean, with very comfortable beds and nice sheets & blankets. The bathroom layout was great. Large flat screen TV in room and the kitchen/living room area was spacious. Great housekeeping every day. Had free access to the wonderful gym next door, and a 1 minute walk to Margarita's across parking lot was an added bonus. Breakfast in the morning and weekday evening "social" was included in price and such a great addition to the hotel stay. And the delicious homemade cookies in the evening was a special treat! Highly recommend to anyone visiting the Hanover/Lebanon area! A big thank you to all the staff who made my family's stay a good one!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor readers. It's always an honor to come highly recommended by one of our valued guests. I'm pleased to hear that you were able stretch out comfortably in your suite and enjoy the added amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Front desk staff was outstanding and rooms very spacious. Access to the top level health club a short walk away was an unexpected plus. Glad to see the in-room wi-fi is being upgraded in 2013 as it reminded me of the old days of dial-up - really, really, slow. Breakfast buffet was hot and plentiful. Good value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

"Close to excellent" - thank you! What a great compliment. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your spacious suite, hot buffet breakfast and complimentary access to the River Valley Club and proud that our front desk staff was outstanding. It's our mission to provide the level of customer service that our guests deserve and have come to expect. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This Residence Inn is in a great location but make sure you have a car to get around and enjoy the sights. I stayed here 4 nights for a business trip and I found this property to be laid out a little differently than other Residence Inns. The decor and overall condition of the hotel is dated as is the carpet/room furnishings compared to most Residence Inns. I stay at Marriott properties 60-100 nights per year and enjoy Residence Inns as they are comfortable and remind me more of home.

The breakfast buffet was very good, better than concierge lounge breakfast at a regular Marriott property. I stopped by to look at the dinner buffet and it looked pretty good too.

Overall and average stay. Front desk staff and staff handling the buffet was outstanding!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

I appreciate your feedback and value the time you took to provide a review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your complimentary hot buffet breakfast and that our staff was "outstanding". We strive to exceed your expectations of exlemplary service. You'll be happy to hear that we are in the process of upgrading the Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover/Lebanon and have lots of exciting changes for 2013 that we'd like to share with you on your next trip to the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is not an upscale hotel but for the price, should meet all your expectations. We had a 2BR suite which was very roomy. The gas fireplace added some ambience. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. Hotel staff very friendly and our son thinks the breakfast buffet is wonderful. We stayed here for 2 nights while skiing nearby. Jesse's Steak House minutes away is always good and there's a Co-op grocery store next door that you can walk to which is good. They also allow pets. The indoor pool is very small as is the exercise room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

With life styles becoming increasingly busier, and everyone working to find that perfect work/life balance, I can't thank you enough for devoting some of your personal time to reviewing our hotel. We are fortunate to be centrally located to many outstanding ski areas and I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy a spacious suite with your family while taking a break from the day to day. I'm glad to report that the coming months will bring lots of exciting upgrades to the Residence Inn by Marriott to include a new fitness center and many upgrades to our suites. I hope to welcome you back on your next trip to the Upper Valley.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Courtyard Hanover Lebanon
Hanover Inn Dartmouth
Hanover Inn Dartmouth
#1 of 2 in Hanover
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
Six South St Hotel
Six South St Hotel
#2 of 2 in Hanover

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon? Share your experiences!