“Close to an excellent stay”

Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Close to an excellent stay”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Front desk staff was outstanding and rooms very spacious. Access to the top level health club a short walk away was an unexpected plus. Glad to see the in-room wi-fi is being upgraded in 2013 as it reminded me of the old days of dial-up - really, really, slow. Breakfast buffet was hot and plentiful. Good value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
"Close to excellent" - thank you! What a great compliment. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your spacious suite, hot buffet breakfast and complimentary access to the River Valley Club and proud that our front desk staff was outstanding. It's our mission to provide the level of customer service that our guests deserve and have come to expect. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Dimondale, Michigan
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This Residence Inn is in a great location but make sure you have a car to get around and enjoy the sights. I stayed here 4 nights for a business trip and I found this property to be laid out a little differently than other Residence Inns. The decor and overall condition of the hotel is dated as is the carpet/room furnishings compared to most Residence Inns. I stay at Marriott properties 60-100 nights per year and enjoy Residence Inns as they are comfortable and remind me more of home.

The breakfast buffet was very good, better than concierge lounge breakfast at a regular Marriott property. I stopped by to look at the dinner buffet and it looked pretty good too.

Overall and average stay. Front desk staff and staff handling the buffet was outstanding!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I appreciate your feedback and value the time you took to provide a review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your complimentary hot buffet breakfast and that our staff was "outstanding". We strive to exceed your expectations of exlemplary service. You'll be happy to hear that we are in the process of upgrading the Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover/Lebanon and have lots of exciting changes for 2013 that we'd like to share with you on your next trip to the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Newport, RI
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is not an upscale hotel but for the price, should meet all your expectations. We had a 2BR suite which was very roomy. The gas fireplace added some ambience. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. Hotel staff very friendly and our son thinks the breakfast buffet is wonderful. We stayed here for 2 nights while skiing nearby. Jesse's Steak House minutes away is always good and there's a Co-op grocery store next door that you can walk to which is good. They also allow pets. The indoor pool is very small as is the exercise room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
With life styles becoming increasingly busier, and everyone working to find that perfect work/life balance, I can't thank you enough for devoting some of your personal time to reviewing our hotel. We are fortunate to be centrally located to many outstanding ski areas and I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy a spacious suite with your family while taking a break from the day to day. I'm glad to report that the coming months will bring lots of exciting upgrades to the Residence Inn by Marriott to include a new fitness center and many upgrades to our suites. I hope to welcome you back on your next trip to the Upper Valley.
Bristol, NH
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel was more than I had expected. My Aunt rented 2 rooms there for us because my dad was going to have major surgery at Dartmouth and had an early check in. The hotel offers a free breakfast and dinner. We had a 2 bedroom suite. It had a full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and a fireplace. My parents room was also just as nice. The beds were very comfy. The shower was great. Nice big, wide spray massage head. They offered the complimentary shampoo and conditioner in the room. No lotion though. All I had to do was ask at the front desk though and they very kindly gave me one. Very close to the hospital, which is what we wanted. Close to a restaurant if you don't want what they are offering for dinner. I can't wait to stay in another Residence Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
What an honor to be described as "Amazing" by one of our guests! Thank you for the high praise. I'm happy to hear that you found our brand new beds comfortable and were able to enjoy the complimentary hot buffet breakfast. We have many exciting upgrades planned for 2013 that we can't wait to share with you on your next trip.
Patchogue, New York
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed here for a short business trip, and it was good for what I needed it for. Suites are spacious, bed conmfortable, heat worked well, but the rooms are a little worn, but not badly. Kitchen cabs and counters had some wear on them, dishwasher was noisy and ran a long time, so I would advise that if you use the DW, set it just before you leave for the day. Carpet was slightly frayed at the threshold to the bathroom, but not terrible.
The floors in the hallways and rooms above creak and groan when someone walks down the hall or across the guest room floors, which was annoying into the early AM hours. That ws the only real downside, and probably unfixable because it's a structural thing.
The staff was very friendly, willng to help, and always pleasant to run into. Housekeeping was great. Breakfast (included) was very good.
I could not get the in-room wireless to work on either my iPad or my Windows laptop. But, it worked fine on both machines at the Courtyard next door. IT probably needs to address that issue.
The location to good food and other things was great. Although in town for business, I took the short ride into town, and it is conveniently located close to Dartmouth College, for anyone wishing to visit the kids.
Overall, a good place, and if I have to go back there, I might consider it...

Room Tip: Try to choose away from the back staircase, people tend to clunk their way up and down, and they ech...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover/Lebanon as your preferred hotel while in our area doing business. I'm glad to hear that our spacious suites provided what you needed to stretch out on your long trip. We have many exciting upgrades planned for 2013 and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.
Boston, MA
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn during Christmas week for a short family ski trip with our twenty-something sons and we absolutely loved it. We checked in late on Christmas night after driving for a couple of hours. We were greeted by a very friendly clerk at the front desk who gave us a map showing where our room was and where to park. We went to the room and were impressed by the layout. We stayed in a suite on the 3rd floor with two bedrooms, each with their own full bathroom, a full kitchen and a living room with a gas fireplace. We went back to the front desk to inquire about a place to get some food at 9:00 PM on Christmas night and the clerk gave us a few options. The full buffet breakfast in the morning was very good and kept the whole family satisfied as we headed off to Okemo Ski resort for the day. There was also a complimentary dinner that night, but we opted for Jesse's Steakhouse because the offering was not something that would work with our dietary restrictions. We returned from dinner and entertained ourselves at the kitchen table with our Scrabble and card games until bedtime. We awoke the next morning to a fairly strong snow storm that made the skiers in the family very happy. The parking lot was plowed and the walkways were cleared of the snow as it continued to come down pretty hard. Breakfast was again great and we will certainly return to the Marriott Residence Inn the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: If you are a family with older children, the suite is great! (Get one with a fireplace in the winte...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover/Lebanon. I'm happy to hear that were able to stretch out and enjoy our Two-bedroom suite and take full advantage of the complimentary hot buffet breakfast offered daily. There's lots more skiing to be done this winter so please visit us again on your next trip. We would welcome the opportunity to accommodate your family.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with my parents for a one night visit to Hanover. The suite's common living area had a gas fireplace and kitchen and provided a comfortable spot to relax and socialize. Each bedroom had its own private bath and was well furnished. The beds and linens were extremely comfortable -- I slept great! The breakfast in the morning is a nice touch -- nothing gourmet about it, but hearty and plentiful American breakfast fare. The location isn't as perfect as the Hanover Inn, but just a short drive from Hanover and a nice alternative if the Inn is booked or too pricey.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
What a wonderful feeling to exceed a guest's expectations. I'm glad that you gave the Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon a try as an alternative to your past choice and hope to see you return. There are many exciting updates coming in 2013, some of which started at the end of 2012 with brand new beds, flat screen TV's. Our new complimenatry shuttle is available to transport you to and from your destinations without the hassle of downtown parking while your own vehicle can rest safely in our parking lot free of charge. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Happy New Year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Courtyard Hanover Lebanon
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon? Share your experiences!