“Busy Diner/Truck Stop”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Woodstock, Vermont
“Busy Diner/Truck Stop”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I get my cars worked on nearby and everytime I am there, I walk over to the Fort for a real treat to myself: A great diner breakfast and time to read the paper as leisurely as I want. You can choose booths or to sit at the large horseshoe counter in the middle of all the action. The waitresses are the best. Funny, know all the regulars and quick. I love to just sit there at the counter taking in all the talk, jokes and comradery among the staff and diners. This visit, as on most, I ordered sunny side up eggs and homefries with thick cut toast. Orange juice and coffee rounds out the breakfast. Reasonably priced. Sometimes I am there an hour and half taking my time eating and listening and reading the paper. Great place.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Travelcrow

“Good diner food.”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Standard diner food. Good stop if you're nearby or passing throug, but not to go out of your way for. Pleasant service.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Eric P
Boston, Massachusetts
“Food delish, long wait for meal!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I pulled off the road at this truck stop just off exit 18 in Leb to try and call a friend in Hanover to stop by but they weren't answering the phone. We decided to check out The Fort. Well we ordered and 20 minutes later our food arrived hot and delicious. We overheard that someone didn't showed this day so I can't fault the waittresses. We plan when we return to the area to stop in again.

Daly City
“Roadside Diner/Truck Stop”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I love this place! We were visiting family in Lebanon, New Hampshire and they took us here. I was thinking why are they taking us to a restaurant that's in a truck stop/gas station, but they knew what they were doing. The service here is extra friedly and the food is great. We had breakfast there a few times in the week we were there. The portions are generous and good. It's not gourmet food, but comfort food it is. They have their own bakery and make excellent pies and muffins. I did not have dinner here, but had lunch and it was good, but the breakfasts are what to go for and they are relatively cheap. Try it!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank NancySF
Boscawen, New Hampshire
“the best!”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is the best place to find great food, friendly waitstaff, and not too expensive.I recommend this place to anyone!

Visited June 2012