“Decent stay but the snowmobiling was good”

Lancaster Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Lancaster Motor Inn was a decent stay and the price was affordable. They have a restaurant there, the food was good but the restaurant hours were not very convenient.
The thing that was enjoyable was that you could snowmobile right from the parking lot of the motel. That was convenient. Just walk outside your room and off you go. If I have to give a recommendation it would be for snowmobilers.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 2, 2010

We recently stayed at the lancaster motor inn with bob, darlen and the rest of the very freindly warm people who work there. we had a great time. afetr one day its like we new these people our whole lives. the place was very clean, quie,t and warm as in a freindly manner. darlene and her people make you fell like your one of the family. we had a blast with them all. we booked again next year and hope to bring a few extra hunters with so they ccan experience the great time had by all. bnagle east pennsylvania

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2010

When we arrived at the Lancaster Motor Inn the person that checked us in was very nice, but the lobby smelled of cigarette smoke. Our room was average sized, the bathroom was so small it wasn't funny. When I checked the bathroom to see how clean it was I found hair in the shower and the sink. If you do decide to stay here I suggest you bring a can of lysol. They say wi-fi is available, but it didn't work in our room. And the continental breakfast left much to be desired. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!!

samira123, Manager at Lancaster Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2010

Thank you very much for letting us know about the cleaning problem, our Hotel was renovated this year in May 2009. all new carpeting in all rooms new floor in bathrooms, new furnitures also in 80% of the hotel, we strive on cleaning , sorry for finding one hair in the sink and one hair in shower, being on the main Rd. and next to a Santa's village, the cleaning lady made a bobo, we will try more harder to clean better. With prices and packages we offer, we are always busy and full but will make sure no hair again. again thank you for your concern.

Reviewed August 17, 2010

We stayed at the Lancaster Motor Inn during our recent trip to Santa's Village, Six Gun City and StoryLand. Our group consisted of three adults and two children, ages 8 and 2. While the rooms are a bit dated (the bathroom in particular was sized, like the seats at Fenway, for people born when people were smaller!), they were very clean and comfortable, perfect for our family. Our package included admissions to both Santa's Village and Six Gun City, and they also offer a complimentary continental breakfast each morning. There is a very nice restaurant on site (Big Bear Family Restaurant) as well. The best thing about the Lancaster is the staff. They could not have been nicer, particularly to our children. The big chains just don't have that kind of personal attention. Overall, this was a great place to stay and a great value for money. I would definitely recommend it to anyone heading up to the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2010

If you are heading to the Great North Woods of New Hampshire, this is the place to stop. I discovered the Lancaster Motor Inn when my fly fishing weekend turned into a weekend of thunderstorms and cold weather. Expecting to camp, the nonstop rains sent me searching for a place to stay, and I stopped here to ask directions. Bob Baxter, my host, took pity on me, wet and bedraggled, offered me coffee and the continental breakfast reserved for guests featuring his home-baked blueberry and chocolate chip muffins, and invited me to make myself at home and warm up. In no time I felt welcome, and was so impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the homey atmosphere, that I took a room for a single night, and ended up staying two! A small, unpretentious place, it made up for what it lacked in size with a homey feel, delightful staff, and cleanliness that the most finicky person could not find fault with. A kitchenette and free Wi-Fi completed the package. I had a delightful stay for a very reasonable price, and I would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2009

This motel really understands the simple needs of budget travelers. Very nice that there is a fridge and microwave oven in all rooms. Movies are free - they have a large library of films to choose from. Although the included continental breakfast was disappointing, they have a great breakfast menu in the restaurant. $2.95 got me more eggs, toast and home fries than I could finish. Dinner menu is inexpensive and portions are enormous.

The bed was comfortable. The hot water was plentiful. Very friendly staff. Very quiet rooms.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fredisimo
Reviewed September 26, 2009

We stay there several times a year..Thanks to Darlene for the good times.Frank and diane--ROME,NY>

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
samira123, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Cabot Inn & Suites
Best Western White Mountain Inn
Hampton Inn Littleton
Hampton Inn Littleton
#1 of 5 in Littleton

Been to Lancaster Motor Inn? Share your experiences!