“1950's retro”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lancaster
Montreal, Canada
“1950's retro”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I were at Lancaster to attend a music event nearby
What can I say!! The young lady at the desk (the manager I think) was amazing. Jenny was so friendly, helpful and pleasant. She brightened up our stay by far. She is definitely an asset to this otherwise shabby outdated establishment.
The exterior of the motel is lovely with a large variety of flowers and hanging baskets. It is really well located next to the courthouse and close to a park and the library as well as the tourist information centre. With such a choice location I cannot imagine why the building has been allowed to become so rundown.
We were in #110. The first thing we noticed was that the room was very dimly lit. Upon further examination I can say it was very clean. And unlike other people's comments it smelt OK. The furniture is old but not antique, outdated but not retro - except for the adorable pink chairs in the breakfast room that were straight out of a 50's ice cream shop. As someone mentioned the A/C is located in the stratosphere but the wonderful Jenny showed us where the switch was. There is a microwave but it was not plugged in and could not be plugged in without an extension. We didn't bother since the food choices at the local Shaw's were mediocre at best. The bathroom is functional and the water was hot. The showerhead was new and had multiple settings - a huge plus. The bed was comfortable.
Our Wifi could only be used by placing it on the window ledge. The computer in the lobby is broken. There was no sign on it.
The wonderful restaurant people mention is closed. I can't imagine why. The only other places in town are a pizza shop/bar and a steak house. We chose the steakhouse - Puleos. Not bad but they ran out of food by the time we arrived for supper 2 nights in a row:-((
The breakfast room is a former bar quite obviously. Breakfast is coffee, orange juice, muffins, cereal, toast and mini bagels. There is a disgusting blue carpet on the floor that has never ever been cleaned. It turns your stomach off your food. Whatever you do please tear up the carpet and put in vinyl floor covering or a floating floor.
Dear owner - I don't know what to say, - great tourist location, prime real estate, close to many attractions, and most of all fantastic staff. Don't you give a d---!!!! I won't be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Lancaster Motor Inn, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Thank you very much and we welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us get better. you will be happy to know, as result of guest feed back like yours, The lancaster motor inn is a historic site with brand new flat roof and vinal sided brick building from 1950's, we offer clean rooms like you stated and best rate value in town and great customer service like you mentioned. the computer in the lobby is for guest with no laptops to use, just got installed. we were totally booked for this bike weekends and promise you that we will clean the carpet in the breakfast room, I hope you liked our great free muffins in the lobby. hope you try us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My partner and I wanted to take my 2 year old granddaughter to visit Santa's Village. Since I've gotten custody of her, it's always a financial struggle to take her to nice fun places. Our stay at Lancaster Motor Inn was like staying with family. Very kind staff were alway available, the room was so clean and the beds were very comfy. When you first walk in your room, you can smell the fresh clean air of fresh linen and cleaned carpets. The breakfat was delicious, with everything so fresh...... This Inn is so reasonably priced, we can afford several visits a year. The location is amazing, near so many fun things to do and breathtaking senery at every corner. I usually don't take the time to write a review, but I know how hard it can be to find something of value, so I reccomend the Lancaster Motor Inn to anyone who loves a great deal!!

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and comfortable
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank linda s
lancmotorinn, Manager at Lancaster Motor Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Location, location and location, great value for your family, please do come back again. Thank you.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed at the Lancaster Motor Inn on a trip to visit with a friend in the area. It was a rather nice experience - the staff was friendly and polite, and the location must be absolutely beautiful when everything really starts getting green. I'll definitely be staying here again. Looking forward to seeing what they do with their extra space, too.

Room Tip: It's a rather quiet setting. I live in the city, so it was a little quiet for my tastes. I had t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
lancmotorinn, Owner at Lancaster Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you Lin for your comments, please come again.
Whitinsville, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We were weary from traveling a long distance and my wife didn't feel very well after a difficult week. We were surprised to find this friendly, clean, motor inn as we drove into Lancaster, NH. We weren't expecting such a nice place for such a reasonable rate. We were able to pick up some supper near by at Shaw's and were all set. Thank you for your hospitality! We would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
lancmotorinn, Manager at Lancaster Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thanky for your recomendation and please visit us again
marshfield
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I was there for 7 days i checked into room 124 on the 4/10 the room was very nice and very well appointed.the front desk staff was so helpful in suggesting things to do.and at check in I forget the 2 woman at the desk but they made me feel very welcome. I will be coming back for sure later this summer.

Room Tip: I reqamaend room 124.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
We appreciate very much your business please come back again.
Surry
Reviewed April 20, 2012

The staff is attentive and friendly offering recommendations on places to eat and things to do while in the area. The rooms are clean and the price was right.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thanks, We just added a business center in the lobby.
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I had a wonderful time I was surprised how clean everything was for a motel. It is in a very safe environment. The staff are very friendly and offered places for me and my friends to go to.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Annak121
We try our best to keep our staff informative and very friendly. thank you very much
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Cabot Inn & Suites
Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa
The Skywood Manor Inn
The Skywood Manor Inn
#3 of 3 in Jefferson

Been to Lancaster Motor Inn? Share your experiences!