“Clean, Convenient, Affordable”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lancaster
Cumberland
“Clean, Convenient, Affordable”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My family and I have gone to Santa's Village every year for 8 years now. We have stayed at a different hotel each year because we have not found one that fits all our needs. This year we finally found a place that met our most important requirements of Cleanliness, Courteous, Convenience, and Affordability. We stayed on the third floor and it was quiet, and clean. The view was fantastic and the amenities were a big plus for us. Our kids loved the pool and we enjoyed the hot tub. Having a restaurant attached to the hotel was super convenient and avoided us driving around with cranky tired kids looking for a dining place. The morning complimentary breakfast was another perk. The kids loved making waffles in the waffle maker :) The price was reasonable and the staff was very helpful. We look forward to staying there again next year!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Christene2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Braintree, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My second visit to the Cabot Inn. I stayed with a friend this past weekend 7/19. The good was the rates and clean rooms. We stayed in the motel across the street from the main building. The bad, there was no ice machine. You had to walk across the street to get ice in the main building. Also the breakfast was just adequate, no change there. The ugly, the guest in 128 next to us was very, very loud, he would not shut up and used the “F”- bomb a lot, it was offensive. We had to turn our backs and walk away. There were children nearby also. He kept the door to his room open all the time and once we could smell an odor of pot smoke coming out of it. It is a shame that people like that don’t have consideration for other guests. We did not say anything to the front desk but thought I'd mention it in this review.

Room Tip: Stay in main building
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alan D

Travelers are raving about these Lancaster hotels

East Nassau, New York
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Just returned from our trip for our niece Danielle's wedding at the Cabot Inn. We had a great time at the Inn, the receptionist, Tracy Dunnells and Tim were the greatest, and so were the other receptionists that were there. The room was nice and clean and the air conditioner was on as it was a hot day. I would refer other people to that Inn. The only thing that we did not like was that the restaurant "Whiskey Barrel" did not accept credit cards and when we travel we don't like to have too much cash on us, otherwise it was a beautiful place and the view outside was breath taking. I would stay there again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: I think most rooms are about the same, if you want a view of the mountains then just go outside.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Fryeburg
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The receptionist was wonderful, pleasant, upgraded our room, assisted us with coin operated soda/water machine. We didn't ask for the upgrade nor did we ask for help with the machine. She is just customer service oriented. The room was clean but surely showing signs of aging. When we went down to breakfast (usual continental fare with waffle maker), the room was over flowing with people, especially children. They have a much larger space adjoining the breakfast area. Should have opened it up. We chose to elsewhere for breakfast. They used to have a lovely dining room with very good food. As I say, they are on the decline. The price is also higher than I would expect for the quality.

Room Tip: Back side is where the view is. Very nice one! Also more quiet - away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
East Providence, RI
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Just returned from our trip to Santa's Village. What a wonderful vacation it was. For the second year in a row, we stayed at the Cabot Inn. We had a very enjoyable stay there. The rooms were perfect, nice and clean and a good size. The stay included breakfast in the morning-make your own waffles cereal, bagels, toast etc. juice and coffee. Perfect before the 3 mile trip down the road to Santa's Village. IT's so convenient to Santa's Village-right on the same street! The price was great and the pool and hot tub was fun and relaxing after a long day with the kids at Santa's Village. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the Santa's Village package!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Arrived on Friday, reservations were fine. The check-in counter was staffed with a very friendly person. Front lobby was very nice and clean. Went to our room and after a 4 hour ride from Cape Cod, of course we needed to use the bathroom. Water was pouring from the ceiling dripping on my left knee. The bathroom floor was soaked. We called the front desk and the very kind person said she would send someone. Eventually, (about an hour) two men came and looked and agreed the
Ceiling was leaking from the third floor above. Asked if they could clean the floor,but out of necessity and four bladders, we had cleaned the floor ourselves. Very hungry, we went to the attached restaurant. Ordered dinner, prices were very high but, oh well that's what vacation spots are for. Ordered a rack of ribs, delicious. A blooming onion, never knew what a raw onion with dripping uncooked batter tasted like, was like the consistency of a fresh apple and breadcrumbs soaked in milk. I know what you are thinking.... yummy lol. My grand daughters Mac and cheese was like macaroni floating in soupy cheese whiz. Yum again. So whAt could help this evening. A nice hot bath....ahhh. Went back to our room and turned the hot water in the bath tub... oh no... the bath tub stopper did not work.... argh. Called the desk. We were told, nothing they can do. Being a contractor (retired) I dis assembled the drain. There was so much hair in the drain it clogged the draining operation. I, yuck, cleaned it out, but it had been so long that it worked, it was very oxidized. Oh well, hot bath the next vacation. Did I mention the room and house keeping were very clean. Oh by the way, free WiFi, sure it was free because it was an extremely weak signal. Roomwas clean though. A gorgeous view and close to Santa's village. I recommend if you bring your own bathroom.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank diane s
Oakland, Maine
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed here last week after a day at Santa's Village with my mom, my sister and her husband, and their three children. We chose it because it was close by, there was a playground, the view was absolutely spectacular, and the pool area looked great on the website.

We got there and checked into our rooms; mine was clean and comfortable, again- spectacular view. My brother-in-law however, found a half eaten apple tucked into the bedding. I met him in the lobby carrying this apple, and at least the gentleman behind the front desk was very apologetic, offered to switch his room and logged the complaint.

The pool area was clean and bright. The water, however, was so cold. I used to swim at the lake as a kid and that's what the water felt like. I got into the hot tub however, and the water was the perfect temperature for me and it felt great after a long day walking around in the park.

The beds were comfortable and I fell asleep immediately and almost slept through breakfast.

Speaking of breakfast. It was a free continental breakfast. They have one of those waffle makers where you make your own, I seriously want to buy one. The food was good, the area was clean and spacious. What I witnessed while I was waiting for my sister and her family to finish up took the cake.

An elderly man hobbled into the dining room and he couldn't move without holding onto something. He was alone, and he wanted to bring breakfast back to his room so he could eat with his wife who had her own health problems. He asked someone if they had a tray he could carry back to his room and the attendant behind the front desk (different from the apple incident), came in and told him she didn't have any and walked off.

Now it was obvious this gentleman wasn't going to be able to get breakfast back to his room, I don't think he could have done it even with a tray. So while my jaw rested on the floor, I got up and helped him get his breakfast ready, my brother-in-law got spoons and napkins and I carried it down to his room for him so he could enjoy breakfast with his wife.

It took all of 2 minutes.

I can shrug off a lot because I know what it's like to work in an understaffed business. Sometimes people forget things and mistakes do get made. But there's no excuse for poor customer service. In this situation you're not just representing the hotel, you're also putting your character out there, and she came up short.

We would have said something upon check out, but she was working behind the counter at the time. Needless to say, we won't be checking back in anytime soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Rebecca T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Coos Motor inn
Town & Country Inn and Resort
Arlington Hotel
Arlington Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bethlehem

Been to Cabot Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!