“Not again...”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lancaster
Loudon, New Hampshire, United States
“Not again...”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We checked in about 4:30pm on December 15, 2012. The attendant at the front desk was extremely rude, snotty and refused to be accommodating. It was clear she did not want to be there and I had to pull her away from texting as she ignored me. When I went for my wallet my driver's license was missing, her response was that without my license I could not rent the room and she could not bill us the room. After planning this trip for a week and spending the day with my children (! and 3 year old) at Santa's Village, we were all ready to settle in. She refused to take any other forms of identification. She made me feel like I was trying to scam the Inn, or her. My husband was able to change the transaction to his credit card and she decided to give him the room we reserved.
When we asked about the restaurant we were told to try somewhere else. We should have listened. The food in the restaurant was disgusting! They state on the website they have a weekend buffet breakfast, they did not. What they did have was a stale continental breakfast being run by a teenager who could not even supply coffee.
The room appeared clean; there was still coffee in the coffee pot in the room and hairs in the tub!!
The pool was freezing, my children would not go in and the jacuzzi was filthy! I would never stay here again!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed November 29, 2012

During the summer I booked 4 rooms at this hotel for an extended family get away. They stated that their cancellation policy was that you needed to cancel 48 hours prior to your stay. I called several days in advance to cancel because the weather forecast was not good.

I than rec'd a credit card bill and was charged for 3 out of 4 rooms. I called the hotel twice asking for them to credit these charges. I was told they would take care of it but nothing ever happened. I also emailed with no response. I finally disputed the charges with American Express. I rec'd a communication from American Express that it was taken care of. I than rec'd at call at 6:30 AM from Jay or Jack asking me to return his call to give him my credit card information. My husband attempted to return the call and was hung up on. He called a second time and was told that he was not available. This hotel also called my house at 9:30PM asking for my credit card information.
I just called American Express and my card has been credited but they did warn me that I should not give my information to this company and that it was extremely shady for them to ask for my information as it is not needed to provide a credit.

I would not do business with this establishment!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lancaster hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We booked a room at the cabot motor in back in Sept, of 2012 for Thanksgiving weekend. We were called up on wednesday before arrival that the pool was not open, did we still want to stay. They said there was a public pool up the road for use. We decided to stay anyway. We went to check in and the girl at the front desk was rude and not helpful at all. They gave us a room with one King bed and no where for our kids to sleep. We had to rent a cot at 20 a night, the savings they supposidly gave us for not having the pool open. We went to the other resort to swim where we were supposedly supposed to be able to and they told us it was 15 dollars per person to swim here. needless to say we will never stay at the cabot again. we were very dissapointed with the way we were lied to and treated. The onlly plus side was the room seemed to be clean.The resturaunt is just ok nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the cabot motor inn.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Saint Albans, Vermont
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here while I was working in town, and while there were a few flaws that kept this hotel from being a five-star experience,over-all it was enjoyable.

The hotel's amenities include a gym, wireless internet, cable TV, and a restaurant. The true gem of this hotel however, is the beautiful view that sit's in the backyard of this hotel. It was one of the best experiences of my entire trip, enjoying the view and small patio they had built in the back.

The food at the restaurant was...allright. Nothing particularly spectacular but then, it was mostly bar-food.

I did have a few difficulties. The room had a musky smell to it that seeped into my clothes while I was there. The internet was also spotty at best the first night (although, after a call to the company providing the internet service, this was fixed). The service was allright, at best, the hostess at the counter did not attempt to do anything besides the bare minimum required for her job which was an off putting feeling.

Regardless, I wouldn't mind staying here again, but I would also try some of the other hotels in the area before I would come back to this one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Amazed to find a hotel of such quality in the middle of no where. Lots of great amenities including a fabulous restaurant and fitness center. The views from the back of hotel are gorgeous, truly gods country.

• Stayed July 2012
Byfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I will be staying at the cabot on wed the 29th. When my kids were young we stayed there several times. It was a grand place at that time...the best food I ever had (prime rib to die for) the best drinks and an enormous salad bar with soup, salad, homemade bread, etc. The rooms were newish and spotless.
After reading the reviews, I am kinda scared!!! I will post my findings on Thursday. (Hope I don't wake up with any bites!!!)

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Old Town, Maine
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Its close to santas villiage...thats the only good thing about this inn. The front desk girl was so rude. The continental breakfast was a joke.. they did not replenish the food once it was gone..ran out of everything while we sat and watched people after people come and leave without eating...I can not believe how bad this place was........We were there for 20 minutes before the girl came from the front desk to make more coffee...The pool area was very dark and gloomy...The tub have feet marks from the people who stayed there before..When we went to check out there was nobody there..Had to wait around for 15 minutes before anyone showed up....We only stayed here because it was last minute...BIG MISTAKE....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank karin r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Coos Motor inn
Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa
The Skywood Manor Inn
The Skywood Manor Inn
#3 of 3 in Jefferson

Been to Cabot Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!