“Best Reuben sandwhich right here!”
Review of J L Sullivan's

J L Sullivan's
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stopped in there for lunch and I ordered a Reuben sandwich as did others in our party. We all concurred that it was one of the best Reuben's that we have ever eaten. Don't miss it if you go there. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank James K

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We are business owners here in the town of Lancaster and eat out frequently. Every time I go to pick up my take out theirs a black haired waitress that is extremely rude. We just actually ordered take out there today. The honey mustered chicken wrap and you choose a side of fries, coleslaw, or chips. We ordered a side of coleslaw and she gave us fries.. We also ordered the "Loaded fries" with sour cream. Got to work with burnt fires and cheese with no sour cream... Also of all places I chose to eat here with my family on my Birthday a few months ago. There is a sign at the door that says "please wait to be seated" My family and I stood there for 30 minutes in-tell one of us became impatient and wondered around the building for someone. (There was only one table with 3 people there so they weren't busy.) Again, We had the black haired waitress that acted like we were oppose to run and tell her we were here. She always acts like shes busy when by the looks of the empty place doesn't look like shes to busy. Could be a great restaurant if the right people were hired and had the right training. The food isn't bad if they cook it right. I mean we have eaten here at least 10 times in the past 3 months because the town doesn't have lots to offer and each time our fries were over cooked, not cooked/mushy or over cooked/uncooked burger. Also the food is very expensive.. You expect more for what your paying..

1  Thank KilkennyBuilding
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We ate here while staying in Lancaster. Place had a nice atmosphere and the menu looked ok. Prices were a little bit above average, especially for the quality of the food. We waited over an hour for our food. The place was somewhat busy and like someone else stated, they were understaffed. They messed up our order, which came out staggered, incomplete, cold, and sadly, after all the wait, the food was pretty much tasteless. The bread in my sandwich was not fresh and cold. Even my husban agreed, and he isn't very picky. We did not see any manager or a person in charge, no one came to check on us. Since we had 4 kids with us and had waited a long time, we never complained. Needless to say, next time we will eat at the pizza shop down the street or anywhere else.

1  Thank gsanchez_12
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Outdoor seating with a River View, good food, BEAUTIFUL Irish Bar - worth visiting to see it. Only one waitress on when we were there for lunch, so we had to wait.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stopped here one evening while staying in Lancaster. Place has a nice atmosphere and the menu looked good. Prices are a little bit above average. I came with my sister and 3 children. They had some kid friendly menu choices. However, I think $2 for a kids beverage in a small cup is rather pricey.

We must have waited at least 45 minutes for our food. The place was somewhat busy, I think for a Saturday night, they were understaffed. I did not see any manager or a person in charge on the premises.

The waitress NEVER checked back in to update us on the wait. It might have seemed longer if the kids didn't have electronics to keep them busy. I finished my beer and the waitress never asked me if I wanted a refill. Our food finally showed, however it must have been sitting somewhere since it was room temperature. I have a big problem with paying $11 for a burger when it's served warm. Since we had children with us and had waited a long time, we never complained.

Needless to say, the next time I will drive the 30 minutes to the next town to eat.

1  Thank trevdansmom