“Really Nice Burger and Great Glass of Brown Ale” 4 of 5 bubbles

J L Sullivan's
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wentworth, New Hampshire
“Really Nice Burger and Great Glass of Brown Ale”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stopped by for Lunch, We each ordered the Burger of the Month, cooked perfectly
topped with Swiss Cheese, Crisp Bacon, Fresh Mushrooms, Thick slice of Tomato and a nice crisp piece of Lettuce! It came with Steak Sauce, which we order on the side. The French Fries were Really Hot and Crisp with a nice clean taste.
My husband ordered the J L Sullivan Brown Ale, brewed just for the restaurant. He really enjoyed it, Good Tasting with a nice aftertaste and not bitter. Said he would order it again. We both would get the Burger and Fries again, really tasty!
It took a while for the food to come out but when it did, it was perfect so well worth
the wait. We would rather wait for good food than eat at a fast food place.
Our waitress was friendly and efficient. for the "North country" this is good food!
We felt the prices were a bit high but we got what we paid for a nice lunch.
Not Fast food.
Tip: On a good day they have a really nice outdoor seating area.

• Visited June 2013

Hinesburg, Vermont
“2 visits in a week is more than enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We pass through Lancaster once or twice a year. This is a new restaurant in the place of one we really liked. On both visits the wine glasses had lip prints from the former user. Once the knife had the remains of the last meal. My Philly wrap was pretty tastless. The fries were stuck together. Service was slow. Barbeque sauce was supposed to be bourbon based for the chicken fingers, but tasted like soy sauce with more salt added for good measure. The owner took the charge off the bill for the chicken wings. Skip this place except for the house beer.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Leon1946
Lancaster, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“surprisingly good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

in addition to having a fun bar with a bit of Northwoods café society ambience, and a good selection of homebrew and local beers, the food at Sullivan's is surprisingly excellent, time after time. I know because I ate here frequently while looking for an apartment in the area.

Visited April 2013
Lancaster, NH
“Great beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The. Beer on draft is fantastic and atmosphere is nice. Hamburgers excellent, food ok. Nice owner and staff.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank CharlieLancaster_NH
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Great burger!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

This place used to be located in the Cabot Inn but moved to the main street in town only a mile away. I was a bit disappointed that I would have to drive there but enjoyed it. The burger of the month was a Peppercorn encrusted burger which was excellent. Good pub fare and the JL Sullivan beer on tap was good...not sure where it's brewed, but I like to try local micro brew beers so I am telling myself it is brewed locally.
It was open mic night and judging by the younger (than me) crowd that began to accumulate at the bar, I was glad I was almost done and leaving soon...I thought the music might not be to my liking...but I was pleasantly surprised with some good old acoustic sounds. I didn't stick around long, but enjoyed what little I stayed for.

• Visited April 2013