“Family Dinner During Vacation”

Faro Italian Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Faro Italian Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 88 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Faro Italian Grille Specializes in Authentic Italian Cuisine with recipes right out of Boston's North End. Bread's brought in fresh from Montreal and pastry's fresh from Modern Pastry in Boston's North End. Lively Lounge with comfortable couch seating with 9 flat screen TV's. Al Fresco dining on two levels, second level is our roof deck with a full bar over looking Lake Winnipesaukee.
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Hello all,

We decided to stop here after reviewing places in the area. Many people said this was the place to go for all around good food.

The waiter was very polite, and was very attentive to our needs. They put three bottles of water (large glass in a bucket of ice), right next to the table. After ordering apps, we were given bread, oil and parmesan cheese. Very good bread!

We ordered the Calamari Fritti Saltati (Fried calamari), which was topped with a sweet pepper sauce, so ti was spicy and sweet. Very generous portion. The fry was clean and the taste was great. ( Sorry no picture).

The drinks were very good. Many of us ordered wine. My brother ordered a vodka soda, and said to the waiter, "is this a double?". They were not, the drinks were just that big.

The entrees were a good portion, not too big, not too small. My cousin ordered the Polo Piccata, which is a breaded, pan seared chicken on pasta. I will attach a picture of this dish. The breading was clean and tasted great. I had the Pollo Abruzzese, which was a boneless pan seared chicken, on ziti with a white wine sauce. (Picture attached). Very good flavor. Chicken was very moist. Many people ordered the lasagna, which I heard was amazing too. The people who ordered it kept saying they loved the sauce.

We made reservations early, so they set up an area in the back of the restaurant just for us. When we arrived, the AC was SO COLD, as it should be. After hearing one of us complain, they came over and adjusted it for us. The restaurant was very clean, and stylish.

The prices were a little high, but definitely expected for the tourist area we were in. I would recommend this establishment to anyone looking for a good mean, in a nice quiet, clean establishment.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Spoiler alert, we left after an hour, no food on the table and service mishaps that you wouldn’t see on an episode of Bar Rescue!

2 couples, 45-55yrs old, in for dinner on Saturday night.

Really slow service: took 15mins for drink order than another 15 minutes to correct drink order. No waters delivered to the table in 60 mins... If I ran a restaurant, I’d require the servers to write down orders rather than practice their memory skills on my customer’s night out. It would prevent simple mistakes.

30 mins later, we place our dinner order. One person has a dairy allergy and informed the server. She ordered a salad w/ no cheese. 15 minutes later the salad comes w/ 5 hunks of cheese. She sent it back and the server returns with the same salad with 5 white circles where the cheese hunks were! Yes, they picked off the cheese rather than remaking the salad. Dangerous when allergies are present. You ALWAYS need to remake a dish when allergies are involved.

It all ended after I spoke with the manager and server about the experience and food issues. The manager quietly listened, said nothing, while the server told me to go F* myself and I’d been unreasonable all night long with the drink order and salad issue.

The real issue is a management/ownership issue. The managers and staff aren’t properly trained:

#1- you cant put a server in the lounge that thinks the only difference in a dirty martini and a extra dry martini with a twist is “the garnish”
#2- you need to train your staff that allergies can be life threatening and remake contaminated dishes.
#3- you can’t allow your staff to tell your customers to “go f* yourself” and expect it not to have an impact your business.

We left Faro at 9pm, drover to the Boathouse Grille in Meredith and had a great rest of the evening.

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

I had the spaghetti and meatballs dish. The meatballs were solid, but the pasta had a weird taste to it. Hard to describe.

Our waiter was on top of things and attentive.

Italian food in northern New England is hit or miss, in my opinion.

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Nice day to sit outside. We started with the bruschetta. It was heaped on the bread and nice and tasty. Then we went on to the Spinach salad. The cranberries in the salad were very plump and the balsamic had a very unique flavor. After that we finished up with the lasagna. It was superb.
There was a wonderful musician playing upstairs.
It was a great evening.

Reviewed July 2, 2018

We sat on the lower deck, which was very nice. However, the service was beyond slow...kitchen may have been backed up, though it didn't seem that busy. Our starters took almost an hour to get to us. One guest in our party did not receive her entree as it was forgotten about, it arrived 10 minutes later. Fettuccine Alfredo had an incredible amount of black pepper in it...way too much. Shrimp scampi only came with 4 little shrimp and a ton of pasta. We will not be back.

1  Thank BocaBear17