“Gee, this place has gone downhill over the past 2 years”

Tamarack Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 86 Restaurants in Laconia
Reviewed June 3, 2009

My husband and I have been going to Tamarack for over 10 years. Last year (2008) we went when it first opened for the season. Our clam strips dinners were expensive and a big disappointment. The kids that worked there kept forgetting items that should have come with our meals. We didn't go again that year. Today my husband thought he'd give it a second chance. Unfortunately his experience was worse than last year. The batter fell off his way-too-few clam strips and, although he got a ton of french fries, they were cold and fairly uncooked. The pricing was outrageous! This time, we'll stay away for good.

Reviewed July 31, 2008

I agree with the previous reviewer - it has gone downhill. The teenagers running the place were more interested in smoking their cigarettes out back than serving customers. We were the only people there and they still got our order wrong! The "world famous onion rings" tasted like raw batter, and the lobster roll was mushy. Pass............

Reviewed July 26, 2008

We summer on Lake Winnisquam so we regularly get our lobster rolls/seafood dinners at the Lobster Connection in TIlton, NH. However, last week the weather was rainy/cloudy, so we ventured over to "the other side of town near Winnipesaukee" to hit the Funspot Arcade. Kids were hungry so we stopped by the Tamarack restaurant for the first ... and the last time. From what I could see, it's pretty much run by a bunch of teenagers. You know, with the gals and the guys squacking back and forth, somewhat oblivious to the customers presence. The lobster roll was just plain horrible. Looked and tasted like frozen lobster, plain, not mixed with anything and just dropped on top of a bunch of lettuce in a very soggy buttered hot-dog roll (more lettuce than lobster).
You don't get fries or chips, but you do get a mouthful of the very worst coleslaw I've ever had. Literally, cardboard-like cabbage in a small container. I received a $1.50 bottle of warm water and by 6:30 pm, I had the last napkin in the house. Now that's planning for ya! If you want to get out of the heat, just head into their dark and unfinished air conditioned room/area/ restaurant?? Whatever you want to call it. It smells bad, looks old and is downright dreary! Musty and dusty, and not particularly conducive to the pallate. Clam dinner? You get 3/4 fries to 1/4 clams all for a mere $17.95. Drive by this place when you see it!!! Disregard the sign claiming an award re: the best lobster roll in the state or whatever's documented on their window. I heard they've changed ownership a couple of times over the last few years. If that't the case, there award status has apparently come - and gone.

Reviewed May 14, 2007

My summer is not complete without a trip to the Tamarack..... excellent lobster rolls and onion rings.... relax in the shade on one of their picnic tables. But beware there is always a line of people waiting to place an order.

1  Thank kgonthego

Been to Tamarack Restaurant? Share your experiences!