“Awesome Lobster roll!!!”

Ranked #38 of 86 Restaurants in Laconia
New Hampshire
“Awesome Lobster roll!!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I stopped there for mothers Day and I got a Lobster Roll and Lobster Bisque. My husband got fries and fried Clams..It all came to about 35.00. It is somewhat pricey nothing fancy but very good!!!!!!

Hartford, Connecticut
“No shrimpy order here!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Okay, so I guess I should have had the lobster roll but I ordered the fried shrimp dinner combo instead. Now I usually regret ordering fried shrimp because it's almost always expensive and usually disappointing portion wise. I'm happy to say this was the exception. The fried shrimp were literally piled on my plate and covered the store-made onion rings on the bottom of the plate. While I was waiting I saw similar sized fried calms and fish and chips.
The meal more than satisfied this big eater's appetite. I didn't find the onion rings to be very interesting and probably would'nt get them again...I'll go for fries next time. Anyway no regrets for the money spent. They have many outdoor tables in the shade and I had a nice leisurely meal. The staff was friendly and helpful...this was my first (but far from the last time) here.
So I don't think you can go wrong here. Prices are in line with everyone else but there's not much better than feeling like you got your money's worth.
Look forward to my next visit. And yes, I'll try the lobster roll.

1 Thank WorkingMyBucketList
Merrimack, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hands down best lobster roll !!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I no longer get excited about lobster rolls because everytime I get them they are rubbery and were probably cooked yesterday. THIS IS NOT THE CASE AT THE TAMARACK! The lobster is fresh here and cooked to order. The lobster roll melts in your mouth. So if you're impatient and you want a cheap lobster roll go to D'angelo. If you don't paying a little more for something that is alot better, go to the Tamarack ! Also the onion rings were delicious too but I knew they would be.

1 Thank Bhieken
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Fantatstic lobster roll!!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have actually never, in my 27 years, had a lobster roll until yesterday! Unbelievable, I know, especially considering I live in NH and am surrounded by the stuff. After reading some previous reviews I decided to take the plunge at Tamarack and was SO pleasantly surprised. Yes, the price was a little steep but it IS lobster....and it was SUPERB, and totally worth it! Everything is made to order so you need to be a little patient. The meat was tender and sweet and simply delicious all by itself - better yet with the melted butter on the side. I substituted hand made onion rings for the fries that usually accompany the lobster roll basket and was, again, very pleasantly surprised! The onion rings were fresh-tasting, crispy, and hot. I will certainly be back for more!!

1 Thank Jacki K
Meredith, New Hampshire
“AMAZING)place to eat”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I have been going here for years they have the best food in town each time i go here i get something different and i find that each thing that i try is great I would go there everyday if i could. I find that the staff was great very helpful and knew what they were doing. The owner Jim and manager Tracey are very kind they would always ask how the food was and also the service when i go i feel like they are friends its always a great experience when i am there. All i know is i wouldn't believe everything you read i would suggest going there and finding out for yourself. I think the tamarack and everyone that works there are doing a wonderful job. Keep up the good work.. Thank you Nicole and Danielle

1 Thank nlkdlk12

Been to Tamarack Restaurant? Share your experiences!