“beautiful flowers”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Laconia
Huntsville, Alabama
“beautiful flowers”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I love the landscaping of this small, Ma/Pa Motel. It is close to lots of attractions and restaurants. The rooms are a nice size, and everything was clean and comfortable. I slept great with plenty of pillows. There were plenty of towels. The host was very helpful and personable. We had no problems. I liked the décor because it didn't look like most motels.
The refrigerator and microwave came in handy when we wanted to warm up some left overs. The room Breakfast places were close by. They have picnic tables, a grill, a pool, hot tub and a great view of the lake. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed over the weekend at the Bay Top Motel just down the road from Weirs Beach. I chose this motel based on the reviews and felt that I should add my own to the list. The place is filled with beautiful flowers, a clean pool and jacuzzi and most importantly, CLEAN rooms and showers. This motel is a must! George is a great host and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marie S
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have a small vacation home in the area and needed a room a few nights for the family we could not accomodate at our place. Actually my husband and I decided we would like to stay here, which we did. The owners are so nice. They do a great job of providing a well-equipped, clean, functional room. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and, if we need a motel in the future, we will b e back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SweetSweetSuzey
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We arrived at the Bay top Hotel and were greeted by the owner George.
He welcomed us and told us where things were etc.He also said that there was no breakfast ( which I knew when I booked.) but Coffee or tea was available in the morning. he asked which we preferred and I said Tea so he presented me with a pot beaker to use to make my tea in rather than the polystyrene beakers.
Our room was just along from the office, very clean and and the thing we noticed straight away was the beautiful flowers and shrubs everywhere. The room was fine and whilst the hotel it is near the road it is above and so quiet. The swimming pool was good as was the hot tub and there were picnic tables where we could bring food to eat if we wished. We used one for lunch one day.. it was in a very handy place for exploring lake Winnipersauke and the surrounding countryside.
If we ever return to this region we would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the front with lovely views so i wopuld try to get one of those.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank howard435
new england
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I enjoyed my weekend at bay top very much. my husband and I stayed in the Jacuzzi rm. which was lovely except for the extremely small shower. The room was clean and peaceful. The owner was a man of few words which was fine, he was polite and gave us a handout of recommendations of the area for restaurants and things to do. The grounds are beautiful, for me a bit too pricey for weekend stays but would stay again midweek

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicopee, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed here and have had positive experiences both times. We like that 4 of us sleep comfortably with 2 queen beds. Room was clean and all appliances worked great. The DVD player was a nice bonus.

Room Tip: Higher numbered rooms are near the hot tub and lower numbered are near the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Whiting, New Jersey
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Last year my husband, daughter, and I spent five nights at Bay Top, enjoying fantastic weather, and a very unstructured time, so we decided to replicate it this year. However, the weather did not co-operate, but we still enjoyed eating our bowls of cereal on the front porch and looking through the trees to Paugus Bay. Evenings, when possible, we enjoyed picnic dinners at the tables provided for ones dining pleasure. I was tempted to make reservations at another motel this year, but the lovely gardens drew me back, along with the friendliness of the owners and guests. The one negative, last year, has been remedied with the installation of new shower stalls, which now makes Bay Top the place to go.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family