“Amazing resort in NH!”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Laconia
statesville
“Amazing resort in NH!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Traveling the NASCAR circuit, I've stayed in NH hotels more than a dozen times and THIS is the only place I would ever want to stay again! What a gorgeous facility that is extremely clean and accommodating. The lake view is pristine, and the balcony rooms are very relaxing, warm, laid out perfectly and the bathrooms quite large and modern. The restaurant O is wonderful - we never ate anywhere else the entire stay of 3 nights. I would suggest the resort purchases paddle boards and or kayaks and offer to rent to guests because the lake is perfect and I would have loved to experience the water - and would have been more than willing to rent from the hotel. When I asked the front desk, the man was a bit rude about the concept. The hotel also provided a continental breakfast for our group daily, another suggestion would be to provide nicer to go coffee cups - larger if possible and real half and half or milk at the coffee station.

Room Tip: Try to select a room facing the lake - the 2nd floor rooms have lovely balconies! the ground floor r...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

After looking for a place to stay for a midweek concert at meadow brook I stumbled over this Inn and Spa on trip advisor. This is the best find ever for our needs.

I will start by saying it is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. Nice, clean accommodations and a friendly staff. I can also attest that the restaurant at the inn was fantastic as well. They make great martinis and the food is very fresh. My tip is order the AHI tuna it was great with a side of onion strings. Be aware the portions are enormous.

The staff was friendly. The breakfast that came with the room was adequate. I think it could be more for the price but it had the basics. Nothing hot though.

My only complaint is that the lighting in the bathroom was tough. One fixture that did not provide any light in the shower because it was obstructed by the curtain. The bathroom and bedroom were impeccable. The seating area was huge and the beds were very comfortable.

Next time I visit it will be for a longer stay. If you go for a concert and dinner you will not find a more convenient or friendly place to stay. There are a lot of options in the area but this place is a true standout and you know it as soon as you arrive. Have fun there. We did!

Room Tip: No need to get a water view room here unless you want to spend time in the room. The public spaces a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cmehavefun
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

On recent business travel I've spent quite a bit of time at the Opechee Inn. As a seasoned traveler I have to say that I've never experienced such an accommodating and friendly staff that pays attention to the smallest details to make my stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Everything from local attractions and services to personal dietary preferences. And no one is ever to busy for a good conversation. And Lisa . . . you are always consistently awesome!

Great people - great place. Like my second home. I won't stay anywhere else when in Laconia.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim L
boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed on a Saturday evening end of May, 2014. The property was a lovely blend of new construction and antique pieces that really worked well! We stayed in the "Old Man" Room which had a view of the lake, though partically obstructed by the building, nothing was really lost. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony sipping wine while watching the schools of bait fish be driven around the cove. Sadly I had a new rod in the car from a trip to Bass pro shop on the way up but no tackle to fish with! Both my boyfriend and I agreed we will be back in the fall and will definitely have the fishing gear with us. The room was spacious, not claustrophobic like many Inn's are. Plenty of room to relax in front of the fire place. Heat and air conditioning kept the room at the perfect temperature. Guessing from the number of cars, the inn was about half full. we never heard anyone in adjoining rooms or walking the hallways. The two person whirl pool was heaven -- plenty big for us both (he's 6'2" I'm 5'8") Plenty of hot water, not an issue. Bead was incredibly comfortable (king feather pillowtop) just lofty enough, but not so soft to hurt your back. The room was CLEAN! smelled great too. Shower didn't have great pressure, but I'm sure that's a conservation effort. Bedding and towels were wonderful.

Check in was swift, I used a debit card, and was clearly told that I had to sign that I understood they would put a 150.00 hold on the card for additional room charges that might not clear for 10 days. I was fine with that, glad it was explained clearly. We were able to check in early which gave us another 2 hours to sightsee before dinner.

We had initially planned on eating at Tavern 27, but after a drive by of the place, we wanted something more upscale and changed plans. The "O" steak and seafood restaurant onsite was a great choice. Our waitress Linda was attentive, friendly and gave us some great advice on the menu. It wasn't a quiet romantic ambiance, it was a non annoying loud, but we could hear each other talk, so the evening was wonderful. He had steak, I had swordfish, and the spicy chicken/cashew rolls in bib lettuce was absolutely divine. I'd love to drive back just for that appetizer! Crème Brule for dessert was perfect also. Nice varied wine list price wise and the mixed drinks were good!

Definitely will be back! Thanks again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Colleen J
Kingston, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed mid week. We were in the Robin room on the second floor. We had a view of the lake, which was nice. It does look out over the parking lot, but we sat inside and enjoyed the view (it was chilly) and could only see the lake. The back side of the property was not as nice. The view of the "trees" is really a row of trees, one tree deep, then your view is of the backs of homes and businesses. The walking trail out there is nice and level though, so good for a walk or run after dinner. The front desk staff was great, efficient and friendly. We didn't eat breakfast at the Inn, but they had breads, fruits, yogurts, cereals, and a large selection. We did use the 24 hour coffee and tea bar, quite a bit. I was not a fan of the feather bed, but my husband liked it. The down pillows were terrible too. The tub was huge and there was plenty of hot water. A bathrobe would have been nice, but are not available for guests to use. I don't pack one as they take up a lot of room. The fireplace was nice also. If we head to Laconia again, we would consider staying here.

Room Tip: The "Robin room" seemed to have a better view of the lake than most rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TraciNewHampshire
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

My husband and I chose to hold our wedding reception at the conference center at Lake Opechee Inn and Spa knowing the majority of guests would opt to stay on location. We sought out a family owned location (on the water) that would allow us to cater to our guests and be flexible enough to work with a few of our more "interesting" requests. The staff was exceptional and I received a positive response to any and all requests. All the rooms were immaculately clean and had comforting personal touches. We decided to stay and extra night to enjoy the atmosphere, post celebration, and took advantage of the amazing restaurant on location as well as the pool/ whirlpool area. Every morning we were greeted with a beautiful continental breakfast and an open sitting area to enjoy our family and friends. The Inn and staff made our stay beyond perfect and we can not wait to return for many many anniversaries to come!

Room Tip: There are two options for views, lake view or tree view. I tend to be a water person and the balcony...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank JessP0503
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a quiet, relaxing night away and based on a recommendation from a friend we booked a night at the Lake Opechee Inn. We were able to make a reservation last minute which was great and even managed to get the last two available massage appointments! We arrived on Friday and checked in and the lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful. There are some negative reviews on here about the customer service but we had absolutely no complaints. We stayed in the Montana Room which had 2 Queen beds, fireplace, jacuzzi tub for 2 and a private balcony with view of the lake. We absolutely loved our room and the beds were THE MOST COMFORTABLE beds we have ever slept in. The beds are so comfortable that they even sell the sheets and all the bedding through the hotel! The room itself was very spacious and the set up was nice. It was really great to be able to sit in the comfy chairs in front of our fireplace and have a few glasses of wine.

We both got massages at the spa and had completely different experiences. My massage was lacking and I felt as though the massage therapist really didn't know what she was doing. I have had a lot of massages and this was definitely the worst. It wasn't terrible, it still felt nice but it really wasn't worth the money. I asked her to focus on my neck and shoulder area and she basically avoided it...Strange. My husband on the other hand had a great massage and was very happy. Guess it depends on the massage therapist you get.

We had dinner at the O Steakhouse and the food was absolutely delicious! I had the lobster mac and cheese with steak tips which was HUGE and surprisingly affordable. Highly recommend it. My husband had the prime rib with blue cheese and that was also very good. In addition to the good food they have an extensive cocktail list which is a plus. The restaurant was loud and extremely busy but our waitress was attentive and it was a nice dining experience. Also, very convenient to be able to just walk back to our room without having to go outside.

Overall, we loved our stay at the Lake Opechee Inn and would recommend it if you are looking for a relaxing getaway : )

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mvwalker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laconia
TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford
#3 of 13 in Laconia
The Summit Resort
The Summit Resort
#6 of 13 in Laconia

Been to Lake Opechee Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!