“Tranquility at it's BEST! A tucked away secret!”

Lake Opechee Inn and Spa
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Laconia
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Had a wonderful two day stay at Lake Opechee Inn and Spa. A much needed getaway from New York for my Dad and I! The rooms are spacious comfy warm and inviting! There is a saying from soup to nuts this place has it all. Loved Loved Loved this place! I will absoulutely hands down come back! After researching and seeing neighboring towns for possible lodging near Lake Winnipesaukee I am so glad I chose to stay here! The spa services were amazing my massage therapist "Meagan" had hands of gold! She worked her magic to relieve and renew my tired old back with a deep tissue massage. Their restaurant "O's" accommadated my needs as a vegetarian the food was tastefully delicious a little pricey if your on a budget however a must for at least once while your there! Cannot say enough! THE STAFF WAS SO FRIENDLY AND ACCOMMODATING you felt as if you were coming home. It is the best hidden secret in New Hampshire. You will not be dissappointed!

There are newer reviews for Lake Opechee Inn and Spa

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The entire experience at Lake Opechee Inn was fantastic...the room, the food at O's, the view from our balcony, the service...all fantastic.
I only wish there was access to the Lake from the hotel. The location was convenient to all area attractions...

2  Thank DotD
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My daughter and I surprised my mother-in-law with a day and night at the Lake Opechee Inn and Spa. We ate lunch at the O Restaurant and the food was delicious and the service was quick. The room was very clean and the beds felt like we were sleeping on clouds. We could have spent the entire time in the room, but we had to take advantage of the pool and a massage in the spa. Everyone was so nice and we felt welcomed. The key cards to the room had a picture of three beautiful golden retrievers which was proof that it was a pet friendly inn. It is worth the trip and you will never regret having spent time at this wonderful inn and spa.

Room Tip: Although every room is wonderful, book early to get one that overlooks the lake we will for our next...
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was just a great, relaxing visit for my husband and I. The rooms are well decorated and spotless. I did not feel as if I was in a hotel but rather visiting at a friend's house and staying in their guestroom. Sheets, bedding and the bed itself was so comfy. Breakfast was just what I normally have so I was pleased. Fresh fruit was perfect. No complaints but it is time to upgrade to flat screen TV's. We also used the spa services. Best massage ever.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were strangers in a new land arriving last summer in NH. In no time the staff at the Opechee Inn made us feel at home and welcome. The "O" Restaurant is a 5 star gourmet experience. Wonderful! Our loving family pets were greeted with treats and a water bowl in our room. The room was clean and cozy, and the lake outside the front door, refreshing. Day trips are easy and fun. We enjoyed another swim while visiting a local park on Opechee Lake. The setting is close to Lake Winnipsaukee and a perfect day-trip to the discount stores in Conway, NH. All in all, we really loved the relaxing atmosphere, and the kind, welcoming, 'down-to-earth' professional presence of the staff and owners. Our stay was a very happy memory, and we consider the Opechee to be a 'gem of a stay' away from home!

Room Tip: The staff always find the best room for you; and if you have any concerns - just ask - they will try...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We came here for a last minute weekend trip and had a great experience. Our room was so cute, with antique-type furnishings, balcony overlooking the lake, and a gas fireplace. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in, probably thanks to the feather bed. The bathroom was clean, definitely not luxurious, but had a nice 2-person jacuzzi tub and separate shower stall. Apparently they have pet-friendly rooms here, but there were none available when we booked at the last minute, or else we would have loved to bring our dog along. We had dinner at the on-site restaurant and it was top-notch, definitely a must if you are staying here. The only downside was that we made dinner reservations at the front desk when we checked in, but they were not passed along to the restaurant as we found out when we showed up for dinner. Luckily we were accomodated with a table right away, even though it was a busy Saturday night. We did not get to check out the spa because it was mostly booked, but we will definitely try it next time. Highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Room 112 on the second floor is very spacious, has a jacuzzi tub, deck overlooking the lake, and gas...
1  Thank Anna2125
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We came here with the kids for one night and got the Montana room which was a great theme. The kids like the big bathtub and the comfy beds. My husband and I enjoyed sitting out on the balcony watching the sunset and fireworks. Thanks for such comfy beds!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laconia
The Naswa Resort
The Margate Resort
The Margate Resort
#4 of 13 in Laconia
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to Lake Opechee Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!