“Very enoyable, looked for peaceful, well-run Inn and found it!"”

Lake Opechee Inn and Spa
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Laconia
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Looking for a couple of days away in New Hampshire, we came across the Inn. It looked just right for a two night stay. It was not disappointing. The food in the restaurant was absolutely delicious. The room was lovely, clean and spacious. The hotel staff was welcoming and accommodating. The view of the lake from the front lawn was peaceful. The only thing missing was the woods. We would have loved for it to have been tucked in the woods, more secluded. Would we go back? Absolutely, loved every thing else about the inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with lake view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Our 47th anniversary...We were told about the Inn by a family friend. The stay began with a greeting from the owners and her three Golden Retrievers. Beautiful, well mannered, sweet and gentle. Would love to take them all home with me. The room was gorgeous, beautiful view over the lake from a lovely balcony. Sunset was spectacular. The room was beautifully decorated with many apparently antique appointments. The linens... had to buy some. (Don't tell hubby) Michelle has created a beautiful, warm and cozy retreatwith a homey feel. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Where do I begin? We had a lakefront room with a balcony and it fit 3 of us perfect with room to spare, great size and the bathroom was big too! Decorated nicely. The bed, oh the bed! The most comfy bed ever! My husband hasn't liked a bed yet when traveling until now! You can buy the linens, comforter, feather bed, pillows and we sure did! How could you not after sleeping in those beds? Clean rooms. The Inn is decorated beautifully and lots of nice spaces to just sit and hang out in. Billards room was a nice place to hang and shoot pool. "O" restaurant was great and the spa was wonderful! Cute gift shop. Michelle and Staff (SIL too) were so nice, made us feel welcomed, kudos to you all! And can't forget about the pups! Love them, Love them! I could watch them play all day! I would highly recommend this Inn and Spa.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Montana2, Owner at Lake Opechee Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That is all an owner and creator can say when someone appreciates what you have done as much as our guests appreciate Lake Opechee Inn and Spa and the Staff (yes including our pups). Everyone here works so hard and they deserve all the accolades they get. A boss can tell them they are doing a great job but when they see it in print from someone out side of the business it means so much more. Thank you for letting them know what a great job they really do! It is a privilege to work with all of them! Travel Safe All!

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Actually we stayed here in March 2010, but tripadvisor wouldn't go back that far. I forgot to post a review, but felt this place really deserved one!!

A friend and I had a girls' weekend away; booked a 2-bed room overlooking the lake. The room was beautifully appointed and the atmosphere was definitely soothing. We had a jacuzzi tub, gas fireplace with 2 comfy chairs in front of it - great for drinks, scrabble, reading or just visiting. The beds had feather bed toppers - my friend and I both went out an purchased one as soon as we got home! Never slept so well away from home!!

The restaurant at the Inn is wonderful - had drinks one night, dinner the next. As fine food and service as you could get anywhere. The continental breakfast was better than going out - and we took it back to our room, sat by the fire and watched the water on the lake.

The spa services - had massages and pedicures - were sooo relaxing and very professional.

The Inn is in a great place in set out for sightseeing, any time of year. It's on one lake, near others; not far from the White Mountains and even the seacoast isn't a far drive. Laconia has several other good restaurants, too, as well as lots to keep you as busy as you want to be.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that the rooms on the lake are more expensive, but all of them are beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2011

First stopped in for dinner 2 yrs ago on our way to see Tom Jones...met him at the hotel, had no idea he was staying there. Dinner was the best we had in years. (don't tell my wife, lol) This Aug, took wife and daughter to see Selena Gomez, (she was staying there too). We had dinner and stayed the night in the Bedford room. (nice and rustic, but don't open the windows early morning because your over the receiving bay...noisy). With the windows closed it's fine.
Room is very comfortable...Staff awesome and very friendly! They even took us around the next morning to look at different rooms for our stay during Thanksgiving. Yea, that's right, we love it sooo much that I decided to give the wife a break and do a two night stay plus Thanksgiving dinner there. This place ROCKS!! Very relaxing. Thanks to the staff for OUTSTANDING customer service, a rarity in this day and age. My wife and I travel frequently so I guess we could be considered knowledgable in this area. Also, I have never left a rating EVER for a hotel or restaurant, that's how impressed I am with this place.
Only one improvement - I would recommend...FLAT SCREEN TV'S since I will be there during the Thanksgiving holiday. (FOOTBALL)

Room Tip: Internet room views are accurate, but rooms are actually nicer in person.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2011

What an amazing place! The rooms were huge and beautifully decorated. Each room has a different theme. There are fireplaces in every room and the beds are beyond comfy. Even more amazing is that it is also pet-friendly. They actually catered to my dogs - providing them with bowls and biscuits. And unlike many hotels that say they are on the lake and turn out not to be right on the lake, this place is. Just a mere walk across the parking lot puts you at lake's edge. The sunset was incredible! I can't say enough good things about this inn. Truly a treat to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Everything was wonderful - the room decor and view, the impeccable and appropriately friendly service staff, the long, relaxing spa treatments, the restaurant, the fireplace and comfy club chairs and ottoman, the 60-jet whirlpool tub, the beds like softest clouds, even the three friendly and beautiful dogs who live there! All combined to make for a restful, pleasant, stress-free visit for me and my "friend" - my recently married daughter! The whole experience surpassed my high expectations.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laconia
TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford
Church Landing at Mill Falls
The Margate Resort
The Margate Resort
#4 of 13 in Laconia

Been to Lake Opechee Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!