“Best in the area for comfort and class”

and 1 more site!
Lake Opechee Inn and Spa
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Laconia
Boston, MA - USA
“Best in the area for comfort and class”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Stayed here for one night in double Queen with tree view (Not a forest, just bank of trees hiding a bikepath.). The Lake or rather an inlet of the Lake is across the drive. Lake has no access or beach so the up charge for the view doesn't merit the charge. The room was great. Comfortable beds plenty of room.
Free internet but a cable is required. (No Wifi). Gas fireplace was a nice touch...but for another time of year. Large Bath and Frig w/ a counter and coffee set up. Breakfast area was country kitchen set up with ample food (Continental). The restaurant "O" is worth a visit ...even if you don't stay at the Inn. Great service, reasonable price and perfection of the plates. Easy to find location w/ all locastores and chains one needs on vacation. Will return.

Room Tip: Don't bother on lake view. You can sit on rockers on lobby level if that's your thing.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BobBoston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New Jersey
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We were starting our vacation and needed a hotel to stay in the night before we could get into our lake house for the week. We had our small dog with us so this place looked great since it was pet friendly and not a motel. 1) The WHOLE property is pretty, right on the lake, the inside is wonderful and the rooms are great. 2) We were in one of two pet friendly rooms, they totally catered to my dog, leaving bowls, treats, a card, and a crate in case we wanted to go out. 3) The bed was amazing, so comfy and just BIG. 4) the next morning the breakfast spread they put out was also well done.

The property also had an exercise room which I used, and lots of outdoor seating to relax. I must say I heard no noise while in my room, and used the fireplace to relax. I feel like this would be a great place to stay in the winter with it feeling so cozy.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was my second stay at this gem of a hotel. The decor, the balconies, the jacuzzi tub, all fantastic. They put on a nice breakfast as well. Spring for the lake view balcony--worth it. I don't know what kind of ridiculously soft sheets they have, but they're fantastic. And the bed is SO cushy as well. A great place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Montana2, Owner at Lake Opechee Inn and Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
A restful nights sleep is what one should expect to get when staying at an Inn that boasts Tranquility! And here at Lake Opechee Inn and Spa, we have found a secret weapon. The response to our new sheets has been overwhelming in a positive way. So many of our guests are ordering sheets from us and taking that good night sleep home with them. Life is so stressful today and many of us go to bed a night with so much on our minds. A good nights sleep is vital to our health and our productivity during our waking hours, Lake Opechee Inn and Spa is very happy to know that we are helping our guests get that oh so important rest we all need. This can be such a rewarding business when you are able to treat people to something new and special. I am glad that you all love the new linens. Sleep tight everyone and take care of yourselves and loved ones.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 20, 2011

WONDERFULLY is what I have to say about my stay at this inn. This is my second time at the lake opechee inn and spa and it gets better each time I return. The people are the most friendly people you wil ever meet. Ron and the staff in the spa you are great people and your hospitality was greatly appreicate. Thanks and hope to see you again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My Fiance and I recently stayed at Opechee Inn for Valentine's Day Weekend. Our room was beautiful, spotless, and the staff was excellent. We didn't want to leave! The room (The Robin, which we requested) was spacious and extremely comfortable. Everything from the feather bed, pillows, fireplace, view, whirlpool, shower, etc was fantastic. We didn't use the spa but we did have dinner at the restaurant "O" off the lobby and the food was incredible!! Would love to go back and highly recommend this inn!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Ellington, Connecticut
Reviewed January 10, 2011

If you're looking for a quiet relaxing weekend this is the place! I booked based on their website and the reviews on this site and was not disappointed. The hotel is spotless from the rooms to all the common areas (even the gym). We had a terrific dinner at O's and the next morning went to the spa for a couples massage. I can honestly say this was the best massage I ever had! We had only booked one night but did some sightseeing around the neighboring towns and decided we weren't ready for our weekend getaway to end and returned for Saturday night. Every member of the staff was fantastic in the hotel, spa and restaurant. We definintely plan on returning in the warmer weather to really enjoy all the lake has to offer! All in all one of my favorite places and a great weekend memory!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Woodbury, Connecticut
Reviewed December 28, 2010

After enjoying O Steak and Seafood on a couple of trips to New Hampshire and each time admiring the look of this beautiful inn, we decided to spend Christmas weekend here. We enjoyed a holiday package that included a spa treatment, wine delivered to the room, cocoa and gingerbread cookies delivered on another occasion, and dinner at the restaurant. Our stay fulfilled all my fantasies for a lakeside inn in winter. The room was large, beautiful and beyond comfortable. I wanted to pack the entire bed into my suitcase and take it home with me! The public rooms are so cozy and lodge-elegant - we enjoyed a couple of games of billiards and some reading in the library in front of the fire. We also spent a lot of time relaxing in the room taking in the beautiful views of the lake. Waking up to the rising sun painting the lake and sky shades of pink morphing to blue (being able to see the lake from the bed) is a memory I won't soon forget. The entire staff was friendly and efficient - except the housekeeping staff. I am sure they would be friendly if we ever saw them, but they were invisible, while still keeping everything immaculate. We had a wonderful meal at the O on Christmas Eve, but it was closed on Christmas so we ordered Chinese food delivered for Christmas dinner. We ordered from China Bistro which will get its own review - if you are in the area and have a hankerin' for Chinese, this is the place! They delivered very promptly, thoughtfully included plates and utensils, and the food was the best Chinese I have had in my memory. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank kppr
Montana2, Owner at Lake Opechee Inn and Spa, responded to this review, January 3, 2011
The Holidays are such a magical time of year and spending it with someone special doing exactly what you enjoy is how it should be. We are thrilled that Lake Opechee Inn and Spa was this magical place for you. It is our pleasure to provide wonderful packages that create an above expectations experience for all of our guests. Happy New Year to all of our Guests!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laconia
The Naswa Resort
The Margate Resort
The Margate Resort
#3 of 13 in Laconia
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to Lake Opechee Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!