“Great Place for Ice Cream, not so much for lunch”
Review of Friendly's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Friendly's
Ranked #7 of 7 Dessert in Laconia
Cuisines: American
Meredith, New Hampshire
“Great Place for Ice Cream, not so much for lunch”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Friendly's has always been a great place for ice cream and remains as such. However, I met a friend there for lunch in December and the experience was less than satisfactory. We both ordered club sandwiches and it was apparent that the turkey was well past the expiry date. We sent those back and ordered ham and cheese sandwiches, and once again, the meat was just plain bad. By this time we had lost our appetites and to their credit, they didn't charge us for the inedible food or the iced teas that we had enjoyed. I felt bad for the server. She was quite young and was really trying to please us. We tipped her well, but I will not go back there. That they would serve food that bad made it a frightening experience.

Visited December 2011

Concord, New Hampshire
“Good Quick Family Restaurant”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

It is what it is. A good place in the lakes region to take the family out for a dinner better then going to a fast food place. The servie is good, the food is good, and the prices are fair, not to mention they usually have a meal that comes with a desert. Everyone likes icecream, good place to visit for a family on vacation on a budget.

Visited June 2011
laconia
“consistent decent food at fair prices”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

never a long wait, cordial waitstaff, casual atmosphere great for kids

“We should have gone somewhere else!”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I went there yesterday with my 7 year old son because he loves friendlys ice cream (we've been going there for years) but we don't usually eat in. Well we won't be doing that again. Right from the beginning we had dirty silverware and sticky menus that had to be peeled open. The food was seriously overly salty and we had one of the slowest and most clueless (and ill mannered) waitresses ever. I even overheard her rudely telling an older woman that her ice cream SHOULD be soupy she ordered HOT fudge! At the end of the meal, as the waitress was bringing my credit card back to the table, she stops and says "oh no, what did I do?" and turns around to go back to the register. At that point I decided to check my bank account on my phone and discovered that she had charged me for our table AND another table! After asking her about it she LIED to me and told me that the manager was working on it (turns out he knew nothing about it). I am blaming it on the change in management that happened recently because this place has seriously gone down hill in quality. The current manager has assured me that this terrible experience was not my fault (ya think?) and that the extra charge for the other table will disappear from my account (we'll see).

Brussels, Belgium
“Always nice for a family meal”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I probably eat there at least 2 or 3 times every summer, for breakfast or supper and I have never had a bad experience.
I like their choice of food and the fact that they have vegetarian options. They also offer healthier choices next to the usual burgers and fries.
Their sundaes are really good and they offer a lot fo different flavors, toppings and sundaes.
There's often coupons or specials, but even without them I find that their prices are more than reasonable, at least for adult meals.
My only complaint would be that service can be slow if the restaurant is crowded, which happens.

• Visited August 2011

Been to Friendly's? Share your experiences!