“Great place to stay or have a special event”
Review of The Margate Resort

The Margate Resort
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Laconia
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We recently visited the Margate for a special event. As part of the staff for the event I cannot say enough good things about the wonderful people at the Margate. They were tremendously helpful and went above and beyond to make our event as memorable as it was. The property is beautiful. The rooms are clean, spacious and beautifully decorated. There were several conference rooms which were all perfect for our needs. When I get married I fully intend to do so at The Margate, and I live in New York. That is how much I love this hotel. Great place to visit - great place for weddings and events!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
margate76, General Manager at The Margate Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Please allow me to extend my greatest gratitude to you and your group for allowing us to host your special event. It has truly become one of our favorite events to perform during the year. I’m very happy that everything went well and smoothly. Thank you for the kind words about the resort, and I sincerely hope you are back to have your wedding with us!

There are newer reviews for The Margate Resort

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Our accommodations were in the Inn building; across the street from the main facilities. The room was clean, spacious, comfortable. The staff was quietly efficient. The internet access in the room was spotty at times. The continental breakfast was great (very good coffee), the meals available at the bar were great. Having Shaw's within walking distance was a surprise blessing. Ray did a great job keeping an eye on the bar and it's attendees. The beach is beautiful. There was a cooperation between the Margate and the convention organizers that created a seamless event that added to the positive vibe of the weekend. I'm looking forward to the next visit!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind review. I am very glad you enjoyed the set-up of the property and the lakeside setting. We do our best to ensure that our guests that stay in the Inn Building across the street have easy access to our main amenities building as well as the lakefront. Thank you as well for the recommendation, and we hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We recently spent five days at the Margate for a Harry Potter conference and our stay couldn't have been more pleasant and comfortable. We stayed in the Inn building and our double queen room was very spacious, clean, and quiet. Housekeeping kept us well-stocked on all the necessities. The hotel itself was wonderful and everyone exceptionally friendly and professional. Couldn't have asked for a better experience!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

It’s great to hear that you had a positive experience with us, and thank you for the review of the room. I’m also glad that you found our staff to friendly and performing all their duties to task. We can’t wait for the next Harry Potter conference!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Margate is such a beautiful, friendly, convenient, accommodating venue. I stayed at the one story motel next to the main building and it was both cheaper than the lakeside building and right next to the lake. I came back to a clean and stocked room every day. The staff was always cheerful and helpful and made great recommendations for where to eat. They had a functional office by the lobby, excellent pool and hottub, the continental breakfast was a crowd pleaser, and the meeting rooms were in this underground tunnel that was *so* cool to walk through! Luscious bar area with center firepiece and a personable, innovative bartender, Ray - absolutely the place I'd go to unwind before or after a walk down by the beach. The Shaw's supermarket is RIGHT THERE! You could crawl on hands and knees to the supermarket and not break skin, AND there's a CVS right down the street from that. Bottom line you can't go wrong at the Margate.

Room Tip: Yes, the lakeside rooms are beautiful and convenient. But for cheaper you can get a room at the one...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for the overwhelming review! I’m glad that you were able to find a great room that fit your budget. Our West Building rooms are the perfect spot to be close to both the lake and all the amenities you mentioned. The tunnel was also a great location for many of the convention’s specialized events and meetings. I will also personally thank Ray for the great hospitality he provided to all the guests. Thank you again for your approval, and we hope to have you back with us soon!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Margate hosted a Harry Potter convention this month and the location was just absolutely perfect! Beautiful area, rooms and beds are comfortable, we had a mini fridge in our room, continental breakfast was great, indoor pool was great, the underground tunnel came in handy more than once, the beach area is beautiful. Staff went above and beyond! Overall a fantastic stay!!!

Room Tip: I dont think I head any complaints about any rooms! **note, our convention booked the entire hotel.
1  Thank MLPudlak

Thank you very much for an all around positive review of our property and services! The convention is one of our favorites, and we are greatly pleased every time we have an attendee that enjoyed the entire experience such as you did. We hope to have you back for the next one!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed in the Inn building, across the street from the main facilities. The room was clean, quite large, and well-appointed, although the internet access from our room was slow and spotty at the best of times and the fixtures a bit dated. The housekeeping staff were superb in responding to requests and even noticed that we weren't drinking the decaf and substituted regular coffee for our Keurig! The desk staff were friendly and efficient, and Ray Smith is the BEST bartender on the east coast. I noticed that Ray very kindly, courteously and humorously, declined to serve an already inebriated patron; this is the mark of someone who is really paying attention, and is concerned for, his clientele.

The views from the Lakeside beach are beautiful, and the location is fantastic.

Can't wait to return for Misti-Con 2015!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the thoughtful review. I am glad you were happy with your room. Allow me to apologize for the sub-par internet service at the time. The influx of guests and attendees on the Wi-Fi caused some slow downs, but we have used your valued input to improve on the internet service we provide, and can assure it will be much improved for the future. I would also like to point out that our resort has always been suited with fixtures that provide for a classic feel, but we are constantly reviewing guest’s comments to determine what needs to be changed and updated. I am glad the housekeepers took note of the coffee in your room and were able to provide you with a better substitute. I will also have to thank Ray personally for his actions as we take the safety of our guests as the most paramount of responsibilities. Hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I recently stayed four nights for a themed conference. We had the entire resort, and the staff couldn't have been nicer. They seemed to really enjoy the craziness and were always there to help with whatever was needed. Even though the resort was almost sold out and there was a lot going on, the place was always clean and tidy and the staff unobtrusive. I was in an Inn room, across the street from the main buildings, which was huge, clean and comfortable. There is no elevator in the Inn building - or I didn't see one! - so that might be a consideration for some as there are three floors. I would certainly go there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank marthaMaine

Thank you very much for the kind words about our staff. They truly enjoyed the experience that your conference brought us, and were happy to be able to provide an authentic experience. I am also glad that you found the property to be clean and tidy despite the commotion and activities during the event. I would like to point out that you are correct that there are no elevators in the Inn Building, and we work to ensure that anyone with disabilities is provided with a room on the ground floor. I’m happy to see you are interested in returning, we can’t wait to have you back!

Kyle Parisi

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laconia
The Naswa Resort
#8 of 13 in Laconia
Half Moon Motel & Cottages
Half Moon Motel & Cottages
#2 of 5 in Weirs Beach

Been to The Margate Resort? Share your experiences!