My husband and I took the kids here for a long weekend on a whim. We didn't know much about the resort, but they had availability for an adjoining hotel room and that's what we wanted.
We had a great time and really enjoyed the resort.
The only negative things are can say are:
1. The a/c in one of our rooms did not work, we survived by the running the other one on full blast, but for a longer stay I would have wanted it fixed. (I did not call management about it, so I cannot say one way or the other how they handle a situation like that)
2. The Inn building has no elevators. This normally wouldn't bother me, but I have a seven month old so maneuvering up and down the stairs with a stroller was very difficult for me, as I took her out without my husband or step son and was left to handle the stairs alone. In the future I will request a ground level floor. (This only applies to the Inn, the Lake building does have elevators)
One of my favorite things is the service on the beach. A server will bring you food and drinks at your lounge chair and for this mommy, there is nothing better than some one bringing me a cocktail on the beach! Plus, no need for cash, just charge it to the room! :)
Indoor heated pool, outdoor pool, lake, beach entry, fitness room, beach bar, friendly staff and very clean rooms make the Margate an awesome place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to The Margate and enjoy all the amenities expected of a first class lakefront resort and conference facility less than two hours north of Boston. Whether taking a dip in our indoor and outdoor pools, sunning on our 400 foot private sandy beach, relaxing in our whirlpool-sauna, or dining at our Gazebo Beach Bar for lunch or dinner, you are sure to find all the comforts of home.Beautifully decorated and maintained guest rooms, onsite event and dining facilities, and a skilled staff dedicated to making your stay a wonderful experience make The Margate on Lake Winnipesaukee the place to vacation in the Lakes Region.At The Margate Resort, we've gotcha covered. With 15 different room types from which to select you are sure to find accommodations that best suit your needs. All guest rooms are fully equipped with Keurig® K-Cup Coffee Makers, Green Mountain® coffee, free wireless internet, irons & ironing boards, and hairdryers. Lake and West rooms also include double-sized stainless steel mini-fridges!Choose a room in our Lake building for spectacular views of the lake and unparalleled sunsets. For convenience during inclement weather, the Lake building is connected to the amenities building by underground tunnel!For a motel style experience, choose our West building. West Beach guests enjoy quick access to our sandy beach, just steps away from your door. Many West Inland rooms have backdoors leading to our West Lawn area!Our Inn building units are generally larger than the other buildings, offer the lowest rates, and being located right next to our outdoor pool makes the Inn a great choice by most families during the summer season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your The Margate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Margate Hotel Laconia
- Margate Hotel Laconia