“USDA. Best prime rib within 50 miles. Worth a trip always.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bridgewater, NH
“USDA. Best prime rib within 50 miles. Worth a trip always.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Let me start by saying that my wife and I are foodies and have lived in the Lakes Region for almost 35 years. Good restaurants that serve GOOD food have always been a problem in the area. This is a casual place that has many large screen TV'S and a great bar with outstanding drinks. While this might not have the build outs of other upscale restaurants in the area, the fact that Chip Avery uses USDA beef is second to none. You cannot go wrong here with the prime rib but the onion soup, ceasar salad and rib eye steaks are just a good. When it comes right down to it, the food quality is what counts and you always get a fantastic meal at a reasonable price here. We drive 47 minutes one way to eat here, although there are many places within a 10 minute drive from our house. Been there 100 times, always go back, never a bad meal. If you like college sports, especially college football on Saturday evening, no better place to be.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

LHemy
“We like them and will be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went there this year and is was on Nascar weekend. I was worried that we might not have as good service, but all was well. I had prime rib and it was perfectly cooked. My husband and I enjoyed it very much.
I want to say that last summer we went there a couple of times and were a bit unhappy but this year made up for it. We rotate around to several places in the area and there are a few places we will not visit again, but Avery's is on our list again and we were quite pleased.
The did add an outdoor patio with tables this year, I had to laugh as no one was sitting there - it was near 100 degrees the evening we were there and the AC was most welcome!

Visited July 2012