“Good service, so-so food”

Hector's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #29 of 86 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Very attentive staff will get you seated and waited on right away. Food isn't the greatest but it is very close to the Landmark Inn so if you are staying there you can walk to Hector's. Nice that they let you order food to go.

1  Thank copejenney
There are newer reviews for Hector's Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We love going o Hectors. We love it so much we had our rehearsal dinner there. They have been nothing but accommodating with any request. Their prime rib on Saturdays is one of the best I have had, tender and always cooked to perfection. We are here at least once a month and we live two states away. We plan to have more events here and to come here as much as possible. The servers and owners are top notch.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

My wife and I ate at Hector's in mid April 2012. We had been to Hector's four to five years ago for dinner, and then it was pleasant but not remarkable. Hector's is located in a larger brick building in Laconia, in the downtown district. Economically, it appears that Laconia has not been doing well, as it has more than its' share of empty store fronts.

We arrived at 1:00 p.m. for lunch. The formal dining area of Hector's was empty, so we decided to sit at the bar, where there were about ten other people, including some patrons at nearby tables. Viewing the menu, it appeared that the menu had exactly or almost exactly the same items as at the time of our last visit.

We ordered the Cajun Egg Rolls, which consisted of two cheese, chicken and corn filled egg rolls sliced in two with two dipping sauces. This appetizer appeared to be something microwaved and placed on a dish. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't worth the price. I ordered the Turkey Club and my wife ordered Hector's Pride, described as a casserole, but which was cheese melted over some vegetables, truly a bland, unimaginative mess. My Turkey Club was ok.

I can't recommend Hector's. It wasn't horrible, but it was well below average.

2  Thank jebblackfish