“Some great Bar B Q, Lots of choices, friendly, All good”

Jon's Roast Beef & Deli
Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We found this little gem by accident a few years ago, and now it is a MUST do every year during our annual visit. The pulled pork sandwich (get the large) is as good as any Bar B Q, anywhere and our friends love both the roast beef and the pastrami or smoked meat sandwiches. You do have to eat early, as they are not open late, and one reviewer complained about the traffic getting in and out of the parking lot. We have happily adjusted to both those issues. Eat a little earlier, or come for lunch and in New Hampshire, there are more courteous drivers (and maybe a few self-entitled tourists) so you shouldn't have to wait too long before someone motions you out of the parking lot. Its June . . we're on the way back again, but the "when did you visit" question does not include the accurate time of our last visit. Always JUNE visits. And a lot of them. Our friends (Franklin NH) eat here regularly because its always good. Enough said.

2  Thank Q B

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stopped by here quite by chance. I was up for the day from MA making arrangements for a function at the Margate across the street. By late afternoon we still had not eaten, so this was just there. I dont usually bother to write reviews for a sub place, but this one deserves one. Its a lot more than some basic run of the mill sub shop. The BF and I split some great deviled eggs sprinkled with warm bacon and a very nice corned beef wrap on wheat. Wish i wasnt trying to cut back because they had a bakery case full of naughty homemade dessert delights. Was so impressed I picked up the catering menu and will be using them to cater late night for my party.

1  Thank northshoregirl
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We have passed this small quaint deli so many times and kept saying "we need to go there sometime" Well, today was our first experience and let me tell you we will make many more trips back. Obviously they are well known for the roast beef so we both ordered a roast beef, he had the bulkie and I had the wrap. We both had the homemade barbeque sauce and provolone cheese to top it off. Wow, so tender and yummy! I also tried the maccaroni salad and he had the homemade soup......chicken pot pie. Again all a winner. Not much on atmosphere, but it is not needed here, order in or take out. Very friendly service, Yes, this was great and will be back.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great sandwiches, cute place, good value, nice staff. Give it a shot if you're in the area. The roast beast sandwich my wife had was great and HUGE! The pulled pork was tasty. Very friendly staff...worth a visit!

1  Thank morris91030
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The people who work here are personable and really care about each customer. The place is super clean, and the food is amazing.