“Hungry? Come on in!”
Review of Donna Jean's Diner - CLOSED

Donna Jean's Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Donna Jean's is not a secret: especially on the weekends, it's crazy busy. But that is a testament to the excellent food and service they provide here. My husband and I have been to Donna Jean's often; we've been vacationing in Weirs Beach for 10+ years. The menu has something for everyone!

1  Thank HappyGuest15

Reviewed August 8, 2013

donna jean's was quite busy on the sunday morning we visited so there was a bit of a wait ( 10 MIN.) but was worth it . the servers were quick and efficient and the food was excellent. Open for b'fast and lunch, large menu.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have a food allergy. I can't eat egg yolk. I asked our server to give me the breakfast, but to please fry the egg white & remove the yolk. She returned to tell me the kitchen refused to honor this simple this request. Rather, they wanted to scramble the whites. I had already informed her that I only wanted it fried, not scrambled. She refused. I then asked her what I could subtitute for the egg in the breakfast since they refused to cook it as I requested. She hen informed me that she wouldn't subtitute anything & that I should order something else. I asked her to just leave out the egg. When the breakfast arrived it was cold & tasteless,
Normally I would just get up & leave a restaurant that refuses to grant such a simple request by a customer. But we had already waited for 30 minutes to get a table. This brings up another issue...there is nowhere for customers to wait for a table. We were required to wait inside the door, causing all of us to be in the way of busboys, etc.
Frankly, our server couldn't have cared less if we were satisfied with our meals. Employee training is definately in order, as is an understanding of customer service. There are far too many great breakfast places in the Lakes Region to return to Donna Jean"s & be treated In this awful manner!

1  Thank Porsche_8
Donna R, Owner at Donna Jean's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for advising us of your recent experience at Donna Jean's. It is important to all of our employees to create a pleasurable dining experience for each and every customer and we take pride in doing our best to meet each individual's needs. Your input is important to us and has been addressed.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you've ever traveled to a small town and seen a small unasuming restaurant with loads of people waiting out front, you'll recognize Donna Jean's Diner right away. When visiting the Weirs Beach area you have to give Donna Jean's a try. They serve an outstanding breakfast that includes everything from eggs to pancakes. Be sure and try the bacon and cheese omlet, the pancakes or the French Toast and you won't be disapointed. Add a side order of sausage patties and you'll be glad you did. The service is friendly and efficient so you usually won't have to wait too long for a table. A great place to eat and a great place for kids too.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Every morning we went to Donna Jeans for breakfast. Always packed, great food, friendly staff and great atmosphere! The staff works very hard to turn the tables over, it is our 2nd year and we never go anywhere else for breakfast, see you all next year!!!!