“Lousy customer service”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Californai/New Hampshire
“Lousy customer service”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have a food allergy. I can't eat egg yolk. I asked our server to give me the breakfast, but to please fry the egg white & remove the yolk. She returned to tell me the kitchen refused to honor this simple this request. Rather, they wanted to scramble the whites. I had already informed her that I only wanted it fried, not scrambled. She refused. I then asked her what I could subtitute for the egg in the breakfast since they refused to cook it as I requested. She hen informed me that she wouldn't subtitute anything & that I should order something else. I asked her to just leave out the egg. When the breakfast arrived it was cold & tasteless,
Normally I would just get up & leave a restaurant that refuses to grant such a simple request by a customer. But we had already waited for 30 minutes to get a table. This brings up another issue...there is nowhere for customers to wait for a table. We were required to wait inside the door, causing all of us to be in the way of busboys, etc.
Frankly, our server couldn't have cared less if we were satisfied with our meals. Employee training is definately in order, as is an understanding of customer service. There are far too many great breakfast places in the Lakes Region to return to Donna Jean"s & be treated In this awful manner!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Porsche_8
Donna R, Owner at Donna Jean's Diner, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for advising us of your recent experience at Donna Jean's. It is important to all of our employees to create a pleasurable dining experience for each and every customer and we take pride in doing our best to meet each individual's needs. Your input is important to us and has been addressed.

Bonita Springs, Florida
“Best place for breakfast”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you've ever traveled to a small town and seen a small unasuming restaurant with loads of people waiting out front, you'll recognize Donna Jean's Diner right away. When visiting the Weirs Beach area you have to give Donna Jean's a try. They serve an outstanding breakfast that includes everything from eggs to pancakes. Be sure and try the bacon and cheese omlet, the pancakes or the French Toast and you won't be disapointed. Add a side order of sausage patties and you'll be glad you did. The service is friendly and efficient so you usually won't have to wait too long for a table. A great place to eat and a great place for kids too.

• Visited June 2013
East Greenbush, New York
“good food fast!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Every morning we went to Donna Jeans for breakfast. Always packed, great food, friendly staff and great atmosphere! The staff works very hard to turn the tables over, it is our 2nd year and we never go anywhere else for breakfast, see you all next year!!!!

• Visited June 2013
Farmington, Connecticut
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Took my parents here while I was I town for Mother's Day breakfast. We had the pancakes, French toast and corned beef hash. All were very tasty. Great diner food! I am sure it is packed in the summer time...with good reason. The driveway is a bit hard to get out of because of the traffic circle so make sure you really pay attention when leaving.

• Visited May 2013
Upton, Massachusetts
“Great Family Restaurant”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My family has been coming up to the Winnipesauke area for at least 25 years and we always include a stop at Donna Jean's Diner. Great food, great location. I have found it to be a nice family breakfast spot as well although we have gone there many times as a couple too before we started our family with 3 children in tow now.
Kerry