“Worst Chinese Food EVER” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of China Bistro

China Bistro
Ranked #52 of 83 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Previously known as the Oriental Garden, this restaurant is in the Winnepesaukee Lake region of New Hampshire and is has won awards as one of the best Chinese restaurants in the country. I recently had a great experience and would like to write a review. Thank you.
Medford, MA
“Worst Chinese Food EVER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Now I know why there are never many cars in the parking lot. This is the worst place in the world for Chinese food. Buffet bar is not the least bit eye appealing. Food that should be hot is cold, food that should be cold is hot. Also ordered off the the menu and nothing was edible. Place is also dirty and dusty. I would never go there again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank PeaceChick
ChinaBistroNH, Owner at China Bistro, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
We regret that you did not have a wonderful experience at a restaurant in Laconia, NH.
We however have NEVER offered a BUFFET at China Bistro, we make all of our dishes fresh to order.
As you may have had an unpleasant experience at a local buffet place we invite you to enjoy a meal with us at China Bistro next time whenand I assure you it will be wonderful, fresh and made to order as all of our dishes are for over 30 years.

Laconia, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My first food review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have been coming to this place since the eighties. The same owner since 1984 - Imagine fresh made food - nothing from steam trays. I just love their Crab Rangoon and YoungChow fried rice.
I suggest you try their General guo’s chicken and spring rolls. GOTTA HAVE THEM!
A favorite of my Husband is the Walnut Shrimp, the Savory sesame beef...oh and their Wonton Soup is the best. Great portions. They are also doing a huge take out business. I have them on my speed dial and a couple of copies of their menu in my car and at work.
This is still family owned and sometimes you even get a ringside seat to the family drama.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank NancyAJ2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Don't do it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was on a weekend trip with my husband and went to get chinese at China Bistro. First- there was only a couple of cars in the parking lot, which I didnt think much at first since it was only 4pm. Go side, and its all dark and dingy. Ours drinks took 25mins and the food looked great....three bites in, i ran to the bathroom and threw it all up! I've never had this happen, since i eat all kinds of food. It was basically rubber junk! I always try to see the bright side in every situation. Although, China Bistro had now up side....dont waste your time or money, venture in town a little and there is way more of a selection!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank jcrawley04
Belmont, New Hampshire
“poor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

been there a few times and its been a bad scene its across from the big lake and margate resort lousy service bad food but we tried it a few times with us and family i am not the kind of perso who tries it once and bad mouths it but in this case YES i am 71 my wife is going to be 70 oct 2 we are semi retired and bounce around a lot wer have traveled a lt so we do have opinions the best vacation we ever took was and alaska cruise out of vancouver inside passage /juno/skadway/ketchakan

• Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DISGUSTED!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

My fiancee and I love all Chinese food..after my appetizer I threw up...it was that bad!! The seafood was fresh a year ago, there's a reason no one was in the parking lot! DISGUSTED!!! DON'T GO!!!

• Visited September 2013