“Warm, welcoming, creative journey with tapas- like international menu”
Review of Tavern 27

Tavern 27
Ranked #2 of 85 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tavern 27 is an Americana Farm to Table Tapas Restaurant and Piano Bar in Laconia NH that features all-natural, local and organic Deliciousness!! The restaurant is location on 20 acres in a 231 year old house. We maintain our own organic garden and feature many local New Hampshire and New England products on our menu. Our seasonal menu has something to please every palate, everything from steamed vegetables to grilled all natural tenderloin to crispy fried haddock from our dedicated gluten free fryer. We have an extensive Gluten Free and Vegetarian/Vegan menu, a beautiful wine list featuring very unique sustainable/biodynamic selections; our beer list includes mostly New England brews, we have a seasonal drink menu, and specials everyday. Tavern 27 is a MUST stop on your visit to the Lakes Region of NH.
new york
“Warm, welcoming, creative journey with tapas- like international menu”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The moment you walk in this funky place, you have a sense of being in a home. If you are lucky, Dan Carter, smiling, is at the piano playing wonderful comfortable music and sometimes singing...many genres but all low key. The owner-maitre-d is charming, and the wait staff cordial and accommodating and enormously cheerful. The menu offers lots of interesting options : from salads, to flat bread pizzas to tapas plates they suggest sharing. Every night there is some kind of special. We were there on Sunday and it was 2 for the price of 1 pizzas....with toppings that take you on an adventurous culinary journey! There are so many tempting choices, the urge is clearly to negotiate sharing everything with everyone at the table...which we did happily. Chickpea fingers with two sauces, grilled colossal shrimp with Asian ginger sauce, marinated and barbecued chicken on skewers, beef with portobello mushrooms, pepperoni pizza as well as pizza with spinach, goat cheese, other goodies I forget, with a restrained but tasty honey finishing. Wow. International and adventurous wine, beer, and cider menu but also a full bar. A delightful experience. We will go back....oh, and they own a small golf course next door.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank janeaustinNY

New London
“Nicely surprised, worth another trip soon!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I ventured in to Tavern 27 solo as a 'scouting' visit to see what a tapas restaurant was all about. I was very pleasantly surprised at the very friendly (manager or owner?)host at the door who very quickly summed me up as a first time visitor and proceeded to fill me in on how things work at 27. I was introduced to the bartender and again, treated as someone special from the git go. Extensive beer, wine and cocktail list was more than adequate. I ordered the fried calamari with the remoulade and marinara sauces. The calamari was seasoned just right and really did not need a sauce, but I enjoyed the tasty sides anyways. I already know that this place is a must visit with an intimate group of up to 4...and I will plan on ordering many of the terrifically prepared foods (plan on sharing everything with those at your table!) My only concern is that the prices are just a bit on the high side and just enough to knock me out of the frequent visitor category...but for a drink or two and a light meal it is perfect.

1 Thank Minstre1
New Hampshire
“Lakes Region Gem”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a review that is long overdue! Two years ago we were looking for a restaurant in the NH lakes region with an interesting menu. The great reviews on TripAdvisor got us there, but, honestly, we hesitated when we saw the exterior...an extremely unassuming older home. I am SO pleased we decided to forge ahead and eat there. The food is always freshly prepared, seasonally updated and creative. Love that the menu has lots of gluten free choices and vegetarian eating is not a problem. The owners are lovely, friendly people eager to make your experience the best.

“Great experience”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Saw good reviews in this place, so gave it a shot. I was not disappointed. I did give it a 4 for value because I felt the cocktails were overpriced for what you get. Otherwise, the service was great, charming atmosphere, very creative dishes with endless flavor. I did something I have NEVER done before. The menu looked so good, I (and my friend) ordered 8 different dishes to share so we could have a few bites of each and take the rest home. I will certainly return.

Middletown, Connecticut
“Wow.”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Being a golfer, I've never thought much of most "19th hole" eateries. Usually an OK sandwich or pizza, but not much more. This place is wonderful. They don't sell it as a golf snack bar, and it's not. This is a "real" restaurant, like Noah's in Greenport if Noah's took over an old farmhouse (and converted the farm to an "executive" (par 3) golf course. You'll think your GPS is drunk as it leads you on backroads out of Laconia or Meredith, but trust... it's on a golf course, remember?

We went there initially since they had a very extensive gluten-free menu, a medical necessity for us. Wow. We ordered only from the GF offerings, and I can safely say it was the best fried calamari I've ever had, the haddock bites were perfect, and the ceci bean "fries" were a revelation. They call them "tapas", I'd call them "small plates", but who's counting? Many times, the GF menu items are an also-ran, but here the chef has distinguished herself, these are all first class dishes, you will miss nothing. Sauces are bright and perfectly matched, the decor is very comfortable and shows a labor of love on the building.

In high season, call ahead, the owners are plain old people with a lot of pride and love for what they've made, as well they should be. IIRC if you can tickle the ivories decently, you can consult with the owner about playing the bar piano. It is a very homey and comfortable place - you feel like some of your friends opened a restaurant and invited you over.

We will be back. if we lived closer, we'd be there weekly or until we ran through the whole GF menu.

Visited August 2013