“Just what we needed”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main St & Union Ave
Description: We welcome you to experience sophisticated dining overlooking Lake Opechee. Enjoy hand cut steaks and the freshest seafood complemented by a new world of wine and martinis. We are loacated in the Lake Opechee Inn and Spa.
Peterborough, NH
“Just what we needed”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Fine cuisine in NH is hard to come by. The quality of the food, presentation, etc was of a five star NYC resturant without nearly the price!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank NHNYC

Borrego Springs, California
“A Fantastic Restaurant in Laconia”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had a great meal at O. Imaginative menu, fresh ingredients, nice wine list, professional service. Quality steaks, including Kobe, properly prepared. Delicious bread and deserts. Quite busy on a mid-winter Saturday night. Warm and inviting atmosphere. Fantastic to have a place like this in Laconia!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Wahzah
sanbornton, nh
“Ohhhh..O's!”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This Xmas eve we decided to do something different. We usually stay home and I make something fabulous for dinner but this year, we decided to eat out - O's is our goto place - usually the food is moderately good and I always enjoy the way they make a Grey Goose dirty martini.

We walked in about 7pm and the place was full - not over-crowded, waitllist full, but almost every table was taken. What we didn't know was that while not REQUIRED, reservations are strongly recommended for holidays - no matter how many people in your party). Fortunately, we were immediately seated. The menu was a limited 3 course prix fix deal - and it offered an appetizer or soup, a salad and main course for approximate $30-50 depending on the selection. They had a several beef selections, a duck confit, and some fish & seafood offerings.

My husband and I ordered drinks - and after they were quickly brought to our table - We ordered - the asian dumplings and a caesar salad for him, the vegetarian wild mushroom soup (made with no cream) and petite greens salad for me - we both ordered the scallops for a main course.

Our appetizers came out quickly - my soup was a hot rich broth - full of mushroom and other veggies. My husbands dumplings were served with a spicy sauce - and they were delicious. Then came the salads. They were cold and fresh - delicious and the portions were very generous. In fact, I could eat only half the soup and salad courses - so I wouldn't be too full to eat the main course.

When they came out - our mains were beautifully presented - 4 huge scallops placed around the plate, with lobster raviolis (decorated with a squid ink stripe) in between each one and a creamy veggie succotash in the middle - It was a masterpiece!

And it tasted as good as it looked - The scallops were warm and tender, the ravioli tasted very fresh (If it wasn't not homemade on the premises, I couldn't tell) and they warm inside with little pieces of lobster throughout. The succotash was the best I have ever eaten - although it had a little bell pepper in it, which normally disagrees with me - the veggies were crunchy - the sauce creamy - the taste - perfectly balanced.

I asked who was cooking and it was the head chef Ben - Now we normally get pretty good meals at O's but this one was just outstanding . It really is as Chef Gordon Ramsay says - keep it simple and fresh. And the amazing thing is - There wasn't one thing I could find fault with - the meal was just perfect from start to finish!!!

If Chef Ben can add this scallop dish to the regular menu - it would be the one to order - and an all time favorite of mine - next to the swordfish. Better than that - if he can just simplify the normal O's menu because, in addition to the outstanding service by our waitperson Linda - the food came out like clockwork. The best I have seen since the restaurant opened. How about adding a prix fix portion to the menu? I

Anyway - our Xmas eve was fabulous because of this great dinner - Thanks to Linda, Ben and the rest of the staff at O's, Xmas was just a little brighter this year.

btw - we heard O's is going to open for New Years Eve - Think we'll be back??? Uhhh - BET ON IT!

New Hampshire
“One of the better restaurants in the Lakes Region”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Having been to this restaurant numerous times since they opened a few years ago, I can honestly say that I have never had a bad meal here. That being said, my one criticism is that the menu never changes. There are nightly specials, but those too don't change much. It is easy for frequent diners to get bored. When we want a good steak, this is the place we go to. Also, don't miss their version of Oysters Rockefeller.

Peabody, MA
“Great meal!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had a great meal here during our stay at the Lake Opechee Resort & Spa. Cozy ambiance and great waitstaff - everyone was super friendly. We enjoyed our meal as well - short ribs, onion strings, garlic mashed, parmesean crusted tilapia - were all awesome. We just wished we had skipped the salad so we could have eaten it all! We even came back before they closed the same night to get dessert!

Great restaurant - I highly recommend.