“Good Location”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Castle Creek, NY
“Good Location”
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Stayed two nights in a row to attend a graduation. Used a reward night for the first night and was given the only room available, a smoking room. Yes it was very stinky and even keeping the window open did not help. When making the reservation we said we needed a rollaway bed, yet when we got there they argued they could not give us one due to fire code. Eventually my husband talked them into giving us the smallest rollaway bed they had. Very impressed by the free breakfast which included make your own waffles...my kids thought that was great. I expected only muffins and coffee.
They moved us to a nonsmoking room by 10am the next morning, very timely. All rooms have a fridge and microwave. Hotel is right off the main road, easy to find and convenient to stores and places to eat. Overall ok experience.

• Liked — convenient location to everything, nice free breakfast
  • Disliked — small rooms, smoking rooms leak smell into hallways
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank QueenB2411

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Montpelier, Vermont
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Stayed at the Super 8 as part of a group hotel deal that was offered to me. As a home base for exploring the area the hotel was okay, if you are looking for a place to spend some time on the property I would probabaly look elsewhere.

The room we were given smelled of cigarette smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. Upon further investigation my husband and I figured out it was coming from the heating system so there was little we could do about it. The bathroom had mildew in the tub and on the toilet. The walls to the hotel were paper thin, we could hear and even participate in our neighbors conversations if we wanted to. The TV only had 12 channels 3 of which were local stations and 2 were HBO which means no food network or the travel channel.

I do have to commend the staff at the hotel, everyone we encountered were very nice and eager to help. I do not see myself going back, next time I am in the area will probabaly go to the Best Western accross the street.

• Liked — proximity to shopping
  • Disliked — bad smell in room
  • Stayed December 2007
2 Thank Scarlet_Be
Los Angeles
Reviewed November 1, 2007

Easy to find- right off main route. Staff is focused on the customers. Many restaurants like Olive Garden, and others right in the parking lot, also a BORDERS book store which stays open late ! Very clean room, quiet, comfortable beds, very impressive for a SUper 8. Breakfast area is tight but nice to have food available in the morning. Newspapers available for guests and plenty of info on local sights.ALso refrigerator and coffee maker right in the room ! Will be back, if in the area again !

• Liked — Location. Plenty of family dining choices close by!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank BackRoadsUSA
Topsham, Maine
Reviewed September 22, 2007

This hotel was the best priced hotel on line that I could find and it was right off the main route coming into Keene. It was a comfortable stay, and the continental breakfast was excellent. Staff was helpful and we would stay there again.

• Liked — easy access to everything
  • Disliked — nothing bad to say
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank MsGMaine
Toms River, NJ
Reviewed October 21, 2006

We stayed at the Keene, NH Super8 10/19/06 – 10/22/06 in rooms 213 & 215. On Friday afternoon 10/20/06 the power went out around 4:30 pm. When we arrived back at motel around 10:30-11:00 pm the power was still out. I Went down to speak to the person behind the counter and greeted by a very unapologetic, rude, little man (I later found out later his name was Jim). He gave me a flashlight and told me that the power should be back on by 2-3 am. I asked him what our options were since we had NO power, no heat, no TV, no internet access, absolutely nothing. He said we could check out and go to another hotel that was approx. hour away and pay double or just stay there. When I asked if the night was going to be free or at least discounted he proceeded to tell me it was,”An act of god.” And that he would need to “see what the power company was going to do for them.” The power did not come back on until after 6:00 am, over 12 hours without power. I do not believe that our experience should have been dictated by what the power company was going to do for them. He was very rude and of absolutely no help. He claimed that 1000’s were without power but every business in every direction directly surrounding the motel had power. Half of the motel had power and half did not. I do not feel that I should have had to pay a dime for that night since we were staying for 3 nights. He should have not charged us for the 1 night that we did not have any power. We looked into checking out and although other hotels had availability for that night they did not have any for the following night so we were forced to stay there. We were stuck staying 8 hours from home in a hotel with out any electricity. The man behind the counter was a rude, nasty, little man that had a take it or leave it attitude who kept bringing up God as the cause of the power outage. When all was said and done they decided to knock off 15% for that night only on an already inflated price. This reminds me, he never gave me my credit card back after the transaction. Coincidence? I don’t think so. I will be sure to call my credit card company and dispute the charge and cancel that credit card before he tries to charge anything on it. You should be embarrassed that this person works for your company and how this was handled. Obviously nobody knew when the power would come back on but the way he handled it was completely inappropriate. We visit Keene 2-3 times a year (we have family there) and always get 2 rooms(1 for my wife and I and one for her parents) we usually spend a week or more with 2 rooms in Keene every year and will make sure we take our business elsewhere from now on.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Rude nasty service
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay anywhere else but here!!!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank LaVecchia
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 31, 2005

Super 8 in Keene, NH is the place to go for a weekend getaway. My wife and I were here for 2 days and we loved it. The friendly staff, and professionalism really put a smile on our faces. The entire place was very clean, and the desk staff was quick with any of our questions or concerns.
You must visit Borders Books for there excellent selection of books. And for some great meals, we visited the Olive Garden twice, and also the Longhorn restaurant. So for a quiet little getaway, the Super 8 in Keene, NH is the place to visit.

Sincerly

Mr. & Mrs. James Mendes
Nashua, NH

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rumford, Maine
Reviewed August 12, 2005

The Super 8 chain can be uneven, but this particular site is clean, shiny and new looking, although I don't think it's really newly built. Amenities including shampoo in rooms, nice staff, lowest prices in the Keene area (although if you need a bargain, continue ten miles west to Brattleboro, Vermont where prices in the motels on Route 5 are much lower). The location is inaccessible to the center of town without a car (can't walk along the limited access design highways) but has a cul de sac right behind it with numerous chain stores, including Borders Books and chain restaurants. If you need to be in Keene in particular, it's a good place to stay. If you're shopping price alone, consider the Brattleboro area.

4 Thank Garnier
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Keene
Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown
Courtyard Keene Downtown
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Days Inn Keene NH? Share your experiences!