“Well appointed, but dusty”

Holiday Inn Express Keene
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Springfield, Virginia
“Well appointed, but dusty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

So I go check in, and the lady at the front desk was friendly enough. after getting my key, I proceed to my room to get settled in. It was nice that they had a flat screen tv to blug my laptop in to watch movies. Also nice to have a fridge.

Now for the Cons...
Oh my God, the room was dusty!The table and work desk look like they haven't been dusted all year! Also one of the washing machines didn't work, but management addressed THAT to my satisfaction.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear JorgeCartman,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I am glad that you found our hotel staff friendly and accommodating. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your standards on room cleanliness and regret that this has negatively impacted your overall experience with us. I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping department and rest assured that your comments will be used to consider improvements where possible.

I hope you give us a chance to host you again in the future.

Best regards,

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sterling, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Delightful stay. Clean rooms, nice breakfast.
Front desk support was friendly, efficient, professional, interested....all the right stuff!
Sets a great tone from the moment walk in.

Clean rooms, even the carpet was clean! Didn't mind walking on it in bare feet! Well appointed rooms, all the amenities.

Would recommend this

Only downside...is the road leading to facility. Rough ride. Not good. Nothing to do with hotel. They're just having to deal with infrastructure problems

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star review on TripAdvisor. We're happy to hear that a welcoming tone was set from the moment you walked in and that you had a delightful stay overall! We appreciate your recommendation to the travel community and look forward to hosting your next visit to Keene.
Providence
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We spent the day hiking Mt. Monadnock and needed to spend one night before heading home. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. This is a good choice if you are in the area. I also highly recommend eating at Jim Eddies.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Osterville, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Pleasant woman at check in, room was clean and quiet, bed was comfortable and complimentary breakfast was very good. What more are you looking for?

My wife, daughter and I were in town for orientation at Keene State as my daughter is attending next year.

I know where we will be staying when we come up over the next 4 years!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for TripAdvisor. We're pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and that we've earned your recommendation. We look forward to hosting your future visits to Keene.
Bridgewater, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

I recent stayed here for five nights. I was pleasantly greeted and the room was comfortably furnished. The television in my room was not working properly, very dark picture. The first morning i asked to have it replaced or fixed. When I returned that evening nothing had been done. I asked again the second morning and when I returned that evening it had been replaced. You shouldn't have to ask two days in a row for a tv that worked. I was gone all day each day so could not keep on the staff on this nor should I have to.

Separately, I dropped something behind the night stand so had to pull it out to retrieve the item. Behind the night stand was filthy with spilled food I hope, and a long accumulation of dust? Lets say it looked like raisins or similar and general filth.. It had clearly not been cleaned/vacuumed in months if not more. I left a note for the cleaning person to vacuum behind the stand which I left pulled out which she did. By the way I had tipped the cleaning person daily as I normally do. I did not dare to check behind the other night stand.

Breakfast was good and pleasant. The evening staff was pleasant and had cookies made. If not for the lack of responsiveness on the television and the filth behind the night stand. It had been untouched a mighty long time, I would say it was good value. IF I stay again I will move all the furniture out in the room to check for cleaning. However all in all it was a disappointment for needless reasons. This is a management problem. Someone does not care enough.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear 235KenB,

Thank you for your review. I am very delighted to hear that your experience during check-in as well as your room presentation were pleasent. I am however, disappointed to hear the challanges that you faced while you stayed with us in regards to your television and cleanliness behind the nightstand. You can be rest assured that I will be following up with my staff with these matters. We take great pride with our excellent guest satisfaction reviews and when we have a review that is anything less, we make sure that the problem is handled appropriately. If you have any additional comments or concerns you can reach me at jprentiss@colwenhotels.com or 603-352-7616. We hope to have the opportunity to have you back with us again.

Yours in Hospitality,

Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

While taking a trip to Syracuse New York my family and I Stayed here. The rooms were very clean and spacious and the hotel was in excellent condition. I attend college in Durham and accidenteft my ID at the hotel. The manager was so kind to contact the school and inform them that I had lost my ID and sent it in the mail to them. I didn't just get my ID in the envelope but it was wrapped in a kind letter from Amy the Office Manager. This hotel is absolutely one I would stay at again because they know how to treat their guests well.

• Stayed March 2014
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star review on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit and that we were able to recover your ID for you. We're happy to help! Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting your next visit to Keene.

Yours in hospitality,
Saranac Lake, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stay here a few times a year. (our eldest daughter attends school nearby)

While all of our visits have been pleasant - clean room, nice pool, great breakfast - our visit this past weekend was an example of exemplary customer service.

Our youngest daughter became ill during the night. The staff let us stay in our room until late afternoon, giving our daughter time to rest and recover before beginning a 4.5 hour car ride back home.

No additional fees, no hassle, just "how can we help."

What an example of compassion, empathy and kindness.

Kudos!

Stayed March 2014
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for your repeat patronage of our hotel and for the 5-star review of your most recent visit. I'm happy to hear that our staff helped to make a difficult situation a little easier for you and your family. Our number one priority is to make you feel at home when you stay with us and to make sure your needs are met. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to hosting your next visit to Keene.

James Prentiss, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
BEST WESTERN PLUS Keene Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown
Courtyard Keene Downtown
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Chesterfield Inn
Chesterfield Inn
#1 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Keene? Share your experiences!