I recent stayed here for five nights. I was pleasantly greeted and the room was comfortably furnished. The television in my room was not working properly, very dark picture. The first morning i asked to have it replaced or fixed. When I returned that evening nothing had been done. I asked again the second morning and when I returned that evening it had been replaced. You shouldn't have to ask two days in a row for a tv that worked. I was gone all day each day so could not keep on the staff on this nor should I have to.
Separately, I dropped something behind the night stand so had to pull it out to retrieve the item. Behind the night stand was filthy with spilled food I hope, and a long accumulation of dust? Lets say it looked like raisins or similar and general filth.. It had clearly not been cleaned/vacuumed in months if not more. I left a note for the cleaning person to vacuum behind the stand which I left pulled out which she did. By the way I had tipped the cleaning person daily as I normally do. I did not dare to check behind the other night stand.
Breakfast was good and pleasant. The evening staff was pleasant and had cookies made. If not for the lack of responsiveness on the television and the filth behind the night stand. It had been untouched a mighty long time, I would say it was good value. IF I stay again I will move all the furniture out in the room to check for cleaning. However all in all it was a disappointment for needless reasons. This is a management problem. Someone does not care enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new guest rooms in 2011! There are many reasons why the Holiday Inn Express Keene, NH is the favorite place for business travelers and vacationers in Keene, NH. Area businesses include National Grange Mutual, C&S Wholesale Grocers, Smith Medical, Markem, Timken, Corning Net Optix, Liberty Mutual, and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Clinic. We are located close to Keene State College, Antioch New England Graduate School, and Franklin Pierce College.Area attractions include the annual Pumpkin Festival, Mt. Monadnock, covered bridges, Colonial Theatre, Colony Mill Marketplace, and many award-winning local restaurants. Activities include skiing and tubing at Granite Gorge, hiking, biking, golfing and shopping. The Holiday Inn Express Keene, NH features 80 spacious guest rooms with everything you desire in your travel accommodations, from pet-friendly rooms to free WIFI. From the moment you enter, friendly and knowledgeable staff will remind you why you chose to Stay Smart. So whether you are in town for business or pleasure, the Holiday Inn Express Keene, NH is the place to be. We are Keene's finest hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Keene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Keene Hotel Keene
- Holiday Inn Keene
- Keene Holiday Inn Express